1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aluminum cabinets for trailers

Discussion in 'General' started by sbk1198, Oct 5, 2020.

1. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

I want to do some remodeling on my trailer over the winter and I'd like to get some aluminum cabinets, but the problem is I have a V-nose trailer and I'm not seeing many options out there for that. Only company I've seen so far is Midwest Race Cabinets, but their stuff seems a bit half-assed and unfinished. You get aluminum tubing to make a frame and doors. No shelves, no counter tops, no base boards for the wall mounted stuff, etc. They pretty much say you have to fabricated a lot of that yourself.

Any other good options out there that's also not crazy expensive?

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

are you partial to aluminum for the weight? My worry would be the thickness of the tubing and the vibration effects.

3. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

R1M370, t11ravis and sbk1198 like this.
  4. sbk1198

Yes. Otherwise I can just build something myself out of wood, but that would end up so much heavier than aluminum. I have wooden cabinets in now from the previous owner that I want to replace, plus my bed is on a wooden platform, and the walls are 3/4"....trying to reduce the overall weight a bit if possible. But if I can't find anything aluminum that's decent and reasonably priced, then wood it is again...

5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Those look damn nice and seem kinda reasonably priced...until I added up how many I'd want in a trailer.

6. KneeDragger_c69

Nothing is given now a days... lol
    Just get fewer ones ;)

They're actually quite easy to install, from what i saw from a vid somewhere.

7. sbk1198

I contacted them cuz they seem to have all the stuff I would want, but they're damn expensive!! $324 just for a cabinet door!! Yes, just ONE DOOR! lol It would end up costing me thousands to do what I'd like to do. They have an upper cabinet about like I would want but it's too small, only 60"x16"x13". If they had a 96"x16"x20" or something like that I would've probably done that.

8. KneeDragger_c69

Snaps... expensive indeed.

Do more searches with other brands that build interiors too and compare.

Thing is, NEO Trailers are known for light trailers, so cabinets need to be thin and light.

Bonne chance Alex ;)

sbk1198 likes this.
  9. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

I used Ikea kitchen cabinets in my trailer.... that was 11 years ago.... they’re still going strong.

t

10. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Well that's just because you haven't figured out how to assemble the Ikea cabinets yet:Poke:

masshole and sbk1198 like this.
  11. sbk1198

My wooden ones are starting to fall apart a bit, plus they're heavy and not very conveniently sized/located.

12. damiankelly

damiankelly Well-Known Member

13. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

14. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

Yea, the ikea cabs after 10 years and 100k miles are a little ragged..... but i’m still impressed after all this time. Might upgrade after my lawsuit is done. :D

15. 392

392 Well-Known Member

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  16. sbk1198

Did you read my post at all? lol I literally mentioned this company there but was looking for other options...

But since you say you've used their stuff your trailers, how did it go overall? They don't seem to really have any finished products. The stuff I see is basically aluminum tubing to make your frame out of and doors. Do they come with shelves? Walls to separate the cabinets? They already mentioned no counter tops.