1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alternative to Shorai ?

Discussion in 'General' started by RRP, Jun 28, 2022.

1. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Anybody have feedback on Antigravity or Firepower batteries?

Shorai order keeps getting pushed back, now it’s August.

Tks
    M

2. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Aliant and Antigravity both have been good for us.

RRP likes this.
  3. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I have a "Fly Power" bought on Amazon. It's been in my street bike for a year and a half with no maintenance at all during winter and works flawlessly.

4. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Only ever had one Anti Gravity battery, but it's been great.

5. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

Firepower Lithium are very light, durable, have a 2-year warranty. Have one in my dirt bike.

TurboBlew likes this.
  6. I have a Firepower in my Zuma (I had it laying around and it fit, don’t judge me) and with zero maintenance it fires after sitting for months. Mind you it’s turning over a 70 (ish) cc 2T Zuma. In this day and age no way I’d wait that long for a battery, lots of options out there.

7. backbone

backbone scarred for life

The WPS Featherweight lithium batteries.
    We have been using them for about 10 years and have only had 3-4 have to be warrantied in that time. We install lots of batteries too. We used to use Shorai but they had issues. Oh, you can use a regular charger on the WPS

TurboBlew likes this.
  8. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

speedcell, have one since 2017 and its been bulletproof

9. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

I paid extra to get the Antigravity restart thing, and it still died after sitting in my bike for 8 months, but I also killed one of those WPS branded ones in under 6 months.

The Shorai I inherited lasts over the winter w/o a tender on my track bike though.

10. backbone

backbone scarred for life

There is a 2 year warranty on those WPS btw. We have had one crap out within a couple months but the others that we warrantied were well over a year.

11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Ive had a firepower a couple of years... hasnt given me any troubles. I dont keep the terminals connected during storage. Price was under $100 usd.
    Antigravity is a lil more expensive.

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

you should disconnect the battery from the terminals when not in use. Ive found this to be the most effective course on maximizing life on all types of batteries.

cav115 likes this.
  13. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

I'm 90% certain you should not be leaving the LiPo/LiFePo batteries on a tender. Best to disconnect and let them sit. In RC, those types of battery like to sit at 85% charge and not 100%, for longevity. My Moty can sit on the shelf for months and be fine.

cav115 likes this.
  14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

My Ballistic has sat for years and years I bet if I went out to the garage and checked it now it would still be 13+v. It won't die.

Only reason I replaced it is the thing is a decade old but I'm not throwing it away lol. I bought an Antigravity a few months ago because they were on sale at STG.

15. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Anti-gravity for me....No issues for my Aprilias and GSXR's.

16. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

I have one Shorai since 2007 and another since 2013. Both still going strong, so I bought 2 more this year. They've been on Optimate Lithium charges when stored.

17. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Yep for sure.

I was just surprised at the Antigravity, the RE-START thing is supposed to disconnect the battery before it drops below 12v, the theory being enough should be left to be able to crank it over once before it goes completely flat. Went out this spring and it's at 0.0v, won't take a charge, nothing.

18. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Yeah I disconnect my Shorai,works great.

19. GM GIXXER

GM GIXXER Well-Known Member

NOCO lithium from amazon for me, very impressive power. Had ballistic before that, but alas they are no more!

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Yeah I thought the whole point of it was the thing kept a reserve.