1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alpinestars Supertech R Boots

Discussion in 'RidersDiscount.com' started by Riders Discount, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

A staple in motorcycle paddocks around the globe, Alpinestars Supertech R boots offer a level of protection that is unrivaled and do it all in an incredibly comfortable manner. As such, Alpinestars saw it fit to slightly refine, rather than completely redesign, the Supertech R boots and also added some new colors too.

Alpinestars Supertech R motorcycle boots use a two-piece design comprised of an outer shell and a separate, removable inner bootie. These two pieces work together to put your foot in a vault that’s surprisingly flexible, allowing the user to walk in a natural gait and control the bike with a reassuring feel, all without sacrificing safety in terms of crash protection. The exterior shell bristles with armor to protect the heel and the upper shin/calve areas from impact. Below this, a durable sole allows you to flex at the ball of your foot while being very rigid in front of and behind this point. The toebox is rigid and it is covered at one side by a molded shifter pad which spares the leather of excessive wear while a large replaceable toe slider resides on the outer-facing side. In addition to its protective properties, the outer shell is specifically engineered to provide two degrees of ventilation, depending on the wearer’s needs. A non-ventilated Supertech R boot still allows some air to get inside to keep your feet comfy while the ventilated model features die-cut perforations on top of the boot for exceptional cooling capacity. This allows wearers to choose a boot based upon the expected riding environment.

The inner-facing side of the boot is made with a large swath of synthetic suede that’s designed not to snag against the motorcycle. In fact, the entire outer shell is rather smooth and linear so that, unlike boots with lots of buckles etc., 2011 Alpinestars Supertech R boots are less likely to catch on heel guards or other parts around the foot pegs. These unexpected grabs can be disastrous when you’re trying to grapple with a high-power superbike.

The biggest difference between the 2011 Supertech boots and that of their predecessors, is the inner Bio-mechanical ankle brace. Alpinestars Tech has chosen to use a new mesh material to further enhance wearer comfort through improved breathability and cooling performance. This highly engineered piece is designed to limit unwanted movement in a highly dynamic environment (like that of a crash situation) to reduce the risk of injury to the wearer. Working with the outer shell that’s designed to mitigate impact energy and resist abrasion, the two-part design is extremely well-adept to providing significant protection without hampering user control.

Having just been released, these boots are in limited supply. To secure a pair for yourself, call TJ at 866.931.6644 x 817 or send a note to FORUM at RIDERSDISCOUNT dot COM with 2011 ALPINESTARS SUPERTECH BOOTS in the subject line (be sure to specify your shoe size along with the color your prefer) and we’ll get back to you right away.

Supertech R boots from Alpinestars.
    [​IMG]

The Bio-mechanical ankle brace has been revised with a new mesh comfort liner and laces for even better comfort and durability. The new Bio-mechanical ankle brace is seen here in the foreground.
    [​IMG]

Black on white vented Alpinestars Supertech R boots.
    [​IMG]

There’s also a non-vented version available as seen here in solid-black.
    [​IMG]

For a louder look, get ‘em in white with red.
    [​IMG]

Then there’s these black, white and yellow vented boot for anyone craving maximum attention.
    [​IMG]

If you ride a lot (and we mean, A LOT!) when the soles wear out, you can send these boots to Alpinestars’ US headquarters in California for new bottoms at a reasonable cost.
    [​IMG]

Speaking of wear items, if you tend to fall down a lot, some parts of the boots, like this heal protector, can be easily replaced.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  2. Riders Discount

Accordion flex panels built into the sides of each Alpinestars Supertech R boot allow them exhibit a high degree of flexibility without sacrificing safety. To the right of the bellows in the photo, the entry zipper is hidden (and well-protected) behind the leather flap with the Alpinestars logo running its length.
    [​IMG]

A ratcheting clasp at the top of the boot allows you to easily adjust the Supertech Rs for fit regardless of the type of leathers you’re wearing.
    [​IMG]

On the other side, a large TPU shin protector dominates the boot’s upper.
    [​IMG]

Replacement toe sliders are available in a wide range of colors as well as magnesium for extra longevity and showers of sparks when cornering low.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  3. Slowestrider

Slowestrider Well-Known Member

supertech r 2011

Is this modle built wider or narrower than the current Sidi Vortice?

4. Riders Discount

I have not worn the vortice as we do not sell sidi, however I do have quite a wide foot and found the Supertech R's to be quite comfortable.

5. Slowestrider

Slowestrider Well-Known Member

Please pm price for size 43 black and white. Thx.

6. attack636

attack636 Well-Known Member

How much for the black, white and yellow vented boot is size 13us shipped

7. Riders Discount

Sending PM now

8. redwagon02

redwagon02 Well-Known Member

i was diggin the white with florescent yellow but now that i see better pics of the white with red, i think i might wanna go with those. i just wanna know if it's red or florescent orange or is my screen showing me funny colors?

anyway, please pm me a price. thanks

9. Riders Discount

It is more of a florescent red.

10. light 3

light 3 the bot

how much for a size 44 in the black, white and yellow vented boot? these are awesome looking!

spanks.

11. Riders Discount

Sending PM now

12. HondaGalToo

HondaGalToo Well-Known Member

Are they sized the same as the previous ones that look the same, from 2008/2009?

13. Riders Discount

They are a very similar fit.

14. HondaGalToo

HondaGalToo Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks. I remember you had to order a size down from the original supertechs.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  15. Riders Discount

I wear a 45 in most boots however in the Supertech R I wear a 44.

16. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

Shoot me a price for the flourescent red/white in a 42.

17. Riders Discount

Sending PM now

18. Stiches08

Stiches08 Well-Known Member

Price on Blk/W and Black/W/Yel size 44 to 42053!

19. Riders Discount

Sending PM now

20. orangesuzuki

orangesuzuki Well-Known Member

Do you have the Black and white with yellow in a 42? If so how much please. Thanks.