1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alpinestars RC-1 vs. SP-1

Discussion in 'Tech' started by dusty20, Dec 29, 2008.

1. dusty20

dusty20 #97 North Central Ex.

I have been looking into getting a new suit for this next year and the SP-1 caught my eye. I currently have an RC-1 and love it but it is a bit large and bland so I was thinking of getting the new SP-1 but will not get it if it's not going to offer the same protection as the RC-1. Just from checking different websites i can see it has the same hump, and has the Neoprene cuffs and has the same thickness of leather, anyone have any more insite?

2. Smalls

Smalls 2012 Blue...

I have an RC-1 that I crashed @ Nashville last year and it took it like a champ, you can barely tell it was down...........:up:

3. dusty20

dusty20 #97 North Central Ex.

yea I had an rc-1 also but I need a new suit something a little smaller but any of the rc-1 suits that would fit me are backordered for a long time, and i don't really want to make the jump up to an mx-1

4. tcannon521

tcannon521 Well-Known Member

I had a RC-1 in red, and loved it. The problem was it was a tad small for me and I had to trade it back in with Astars direct. They only had the MX-1 instock and luck was on my side as they traded with me even!! While the MX-1 is alittle nicer, I like the look of the RC1 better. The crazy thing is the MX1 one size up was/is a little big on me.

5. r1ryder424

r1ryder424 Well-Known Member

i have an rc-1 and love it, highsided at summit, except for a torn puck you can barely tell it was crashed in