1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Almost got me!

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The "We're disconnecting your electric service" scam. When the guy got aggressive about payment I said I'm calling Dominion direct and that did not go over well with him.

So, public service announcement, this shit is going on and the scammers are much much better spoofing numbers, no longer Jugdish saying he is Peter and just the effort put in).

2. rwdfun

rwdfun

Easiest tactic is If you didn’t call them then it’s bogus. Alway be the caller to the official number.

I’m so strict with info I give out I once called my CC company and when they asked to verify some info I told them I wasn’t comfortable with giving them the info. The guys said “sir, you called me” I was like oh yeah duh

Killswitch, Cannoli and MELK-MAN like this.
  3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

The guy that works for me, received a call from a local resident, saying that scammers were using his number. Being a bit skeptical, he called the number back and the guy's wife answered, confirming what the husband had said.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They have an 800 number set up for this scam and everything.

F@ckers were pretty good this time. :D

5. eggfooyoung

I like to screw with them, so when I get an out-of-area number or a 1 800 number, I'll answer it saying stupid shit. Well, one time, it was a number for North Carolina. Turns out, it was an actual customer living in the area!

She was like, "whaaaat...???"

I didn't get that job!:crackup:

Lesson learned

6. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

If they *almost* got you to pry a $1 bill out of your wallet, they must be good...

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Or he found some leftover Ketamine and was feeling good...well as good as DaveK could feel..even on Ketamine....

8. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Get all pissed and vent all your pent up rage at them and say fine, fuck it, shut off my electricity. If the lights go out you know the call was real. If they stay on, it was fake and you got to unload some baggage :) . Wait a day before calling back to get it turned on though or you might get the same guy again lol. No lights for you, wait one year.

9. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Say what ever you want to the dude on the other end of the line. Have fun with it.

The Indian spammers take great offense to mom insults, that’s always a go to. I asked one guy, that, before we began, to “please take your shirt off.” To which he replied, “yeah, right before I fuck your mom!”

You can threaten to kill them, tell them you have so much clean water that you shit in it ... or just get straight to it and supply a fake credit card or social security number.

Sometimes, you’ll get passed around the office and the guy will just ask straight up, “do you, Mr. Plarp, wish to kill me!”

I feel like that stage, when they’re calling you just for the lulz, that you’ve unlocked some sort of achievement.

Chris, kangasj, SGVRider and 4 others like this.
  10. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

youtube = Kitboga (old lady)

11. Phl218

Phl218 .

when they call for health insurance i always wait and ask if their plans cover testicle removal. since i need a higher pitch in the choir. my colleagues in the office are rolling on the floor.

Killswitch likes this.
  12. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Hahahaha. That is fucking awesome. You’re probably a mini-celebrity in Bangalore. I’m gonna try some mom jokes next time one calls me. I’ll have to figure out how to combine it with insults to their religion and country in one joke.

“Don’t have my wallet bro. I’m taking a shit on your mom’s chest just like you do on the sidewalk.”

“I’m broke man. I spent all my money buying your mom hamburgers last night before I fucked her in the ass.”

“Can’t pay right now. I’m jerking off on your mom’s face and using the red dot like a target.”

“I’m gonna stick your head in the Ganges and make you suck up some shit before I drown you.”

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    969, socalrider and kangasj like this.
  13. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I always wonder who is falling for osme of these scams, they have to work on some people, else they wouldnt be doing them. I think their main target is old people?

14. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Yes. Sickening.

15. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Old rural white people with money.

Aka: Republicans

:D

SpeedyE likes this.
  16. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Oh no you di-unt.

17. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

The father of my boss came into the office yesterday and had one of these stories. He'd just had a call from an "attorney" claiming his eldest grandson was in jail in Georgia and he needed $1,000 to get him out. No way he was falling for that.

18. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Today I told a “Peter” - I told him that his name was probably Sukdep (pronounced suck deep) the untouchable, that I copulated with his mother on top of a rug made of cow skin. He replied that was not possible because his mother was dead. That’s when I told him I was aware of the situation because it’s the only way I could get off when it comes to someone as old as his mother.

The funny part about that story, other than that last part, is that I think he hung up before he heard the very last word.

SGVRider likes this.
  19. eggfooyoung

Your mother is a goat fucker always escalates the conversation.

20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It astounds me people keep answering their phone for any number not in their contacts.

beac83, socalrider, Chris and 2 others like this.