1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Almight Beeb doctors: Constant sinus infections

Discussion in 'General' started by shakazulu12, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Same here. ENT doc said I could either have surgery or use Nasonex, which I used until Flonase became OTC. Surgery didn't appeal to me and the spray keeps my sinuses open, the key to avoiding infections.

Phl218 likes this.
  2. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I'll grab some shortly. I have a Walgreens nearby that should have it. Then give it a week and look at going to the doctor.

Slider82 likes this.
  3. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

My pops just had surgery done last week. 195% of his sinus passages were clogged. They went in with a balloon type treatment and opened them up and cleaned him out. It will take a month for everything to heal but the doc, along with friends that had the surgery, said that it will be life changing for him.

He would get nasty sinus infections all the time. Couldn't sleep, snored something aweful.. Hopefully this will be the key.

4. Phl218

Phl218 .

lots of it really has to do with food. milk products let mucus production go up, while raw stuff keeps it down. i guess you could call the stuff in your ears mucus too.

i had a stuffy nose and ears last year from my dog's hair flying around and getting stuck in my nose. it was pure hell. i needed a box of kleenex every day , then i had to fly and it all got in my ears. one day i decided to shove a q-tip up there and surprise, i got the dog hair out (tan boxer, was 'bout 1/2" or less). stopped the flow, but my ears stayed clogged.

went to the vitamin shoppe and got me "Allercetin" for allergy and sinus... ears cleared up after 2 days.

was allogood, then mid-dec kid got sick , then wife. i was doing the fast (4 days) did't catch any. right before christmas, bit out in the cold too long, few beers to many, wake up next mroning, as sick as them, then got better before new years, just to get worse after. bronchitis, ear infection, the whole family. wife and kid on antibiotics, i'm sitting it out. now i'm just taking mucinex and doing nasal rinses... i should do a fast again...

tl;dr - get that allercetin stuff.

5. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

They opened up my sinuses and recovery was only a week. Hopefully, for your pops, they are taking the packing out soon. Once that came out it was amazing.... and amazing how much was crammed up there and also how far the camera could go up into your head!

Mine didn’t stop me from snoring FYI but I highly recommend the procedure

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Brain Cloud.

7. shakazulu12

I have no idea either. I hadn't been there in a long time and stumbled in recently. That was eye opening.

8. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

His was really bad. They have been clogged for probably the last 20 years (according to the doc). He has to go back in 2 weeks to get everything flushed, then one more time after that.

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

We're getting ahead of ourselves here, aren't we?
    I think a full physical is in order to check the basics.

Okay, we're going to need you to post a picture of your testicles and then turn your head and cough.
    Don't worry, we're all medical people here.

10. shakazulu12

Hang on, not done waxing them.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

I'd get checked for a number of allergies but yeah, could be.

12. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Over the counter allergy pill for a week and see if things change. They are not all alike, you may have to try a few for a couple of weeks before one works.
    You can become dependent on the OTC sprays due to some rebound issues when you stop the rinses and sprays. Congestion may come back double for a while because your body is compensating - some people are so uncomfortable that they continue to use them to avoid this, which creates a sort of psychological dependence.

If the allergy pills work - go see an allergist once the ACL stuff is cleared up.
    If the allergy pills don't work - go see an allergist once the ACL stuff is cleared up.

:)

Phl218 and R Acree like this.
  13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

First the closet thread, and now this. We’re starting to notice a trend.

14. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

I had issues with sinus infections since I was a teen ager. 2 years ago I had surgery on my sinuses to open up my sinus passages and fix a deviated septum. That allowed me to breathe much better, but I was still getting sinus infections after. I started adding 5-7 drops of colloidal silver to my sinus rinse a few days a week, which helped me to get rid of the infection without antibiotics. I would do this until the infection was gone and then stop. Then I read or heard how chronic sinus infections can be a sign of Candida or excess yeast in the gut. I started taking a supplement aimed at fighting Candida as well as taking an apple cider vinegar drink. I have been doing this for about 4 months and I have not had a sinus infection or the brain fog feeling that can go with it.

All this being said, this is my experience. Do your own research and find what works for you. Consult a doctor and all those other disclaimers.

Phl218 likes this.