1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All knowing bbs! Pw50 or ttr 50?

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 22, 2015.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

2. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Looks like he's a Rossi fan, just like his dad :crackup:

Phl218 likes this.
  3. AndyR1

AndyR1 Well-Known Member

My oldest boy is turning 3 soon. He’s got good balance on his Strider bike. I have a TTR-50 but not even close to handling that thing. I almost bought a PW50 new but my local stealership wanted $2200 for a new left over 2016 model. Idiots.
    So I bought an OSET 12.5 eco. Super low weight bike. Really low seat height. No gears. Adjustable take off speed and top speed. $1299. No tax. No dealer fees. Free shipping.
    Strider bike - Electric OSET - TTR-50 - ...... Yamaha WSBK.

418 and Phl218 like this.
  4. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

My kids are a little too old for it now but a STACYC looks like a good option for first timers too.

5. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Crf starts every time!

6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Since I started this thread I figured I'd post some pictures of the boy with the bike![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Phl218 and gt#179 like this.
  7. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

My son is 7 now and I got him a TTR when he was 5 because he wanted blue.

Now he’s done his first miniGP camp last Sept at NJMP. He absolutely loves it.

8. NickyZ

NickyZ Well-Known Member

IMG_1304.JPG

Sorry for the large photo. I don't know how to condense. But my son (5) started on my old pw50 this summer. He has full gear but I only have videos of that. He absolutely loves it - jumps off the school bus and on to his bike. Every time he learns something new on it he gets a new sticker or I "upgrade" the bike (see the powdercoated rear wheel). He picks the stickers from a box (Wera sticker was the first one he wanted). It will get new plastics and powdercoat the front wheel soon - right before he races. This is the best learning bike - much better than our crf50. Wipe outs seem easier on this. He is learning throttle control, with his leg out, while leaning. He can get the rear sliding and will keep on it to steer through the turn. And, every kid needs to learn to (1) kick start a bike, and (2) fall in love with the 2 stroke motor (and sounds, and fumes, etc.). Now I've convinced my wife to buy a bobcat so I can build a mx track in our side yard for me and him (and our newest son, who is 1 week old).

9. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

10. whitarnold

whitarnold Bike #137

I have new one and gear I will sell you!

11. AndyR1

AndyR1 Well-Known Member

I’ve had the OSET 12.5 for a while now.y third son now rides it and it’s been an awesome purchase. I put PW50 rubber foot pegs on it. Still on the original batteries. What a great bike for little
    I have two PW50s for my older two boys. Awesome bikes when the carb is clean. Overall it could be a better bike. I’ve had redundant problems on both bikes. It’s funny to read my old post about the dealership wanting to charge $2200 OTD for a PW50. Now their over $3000 if you can find one.
    My 5yo got an OSET 16 from Santa and I’m super impressed with it. The battery bikes are great for neighborhood riding and the neighbors have only smiled when they see the boys on the OSETs.