1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alabama abortion law...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by jase, May 16, 2019.

1. MVA25

MVA25 Well-Known Member

No judgement, just truth. If you aren't prepared to hear it, then don’t ask the questions. I don’t hate the people, I hate the decisions. Just like I hate some of mine. I’m not perfect, far from it. If people can’t/don’t want a kid, then take preventative measure to prevent it. Of course the killing is a lot easier though. Spare me with that. You know what people are called that murder people...? I’m sure you could guess the answer. It’s not a judgment, it’s the truth.

2. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

With no animosity intended, you are an idiot.

TXFZ1 likes this.
  3. nigel smith

Is masculinity a disqualifying factor when it comes to presenting an opinion on this matter?

4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

So what other things would you like society to tell you are allowed or not allowed to do with your offspring. Want them to tell you what shoes you are allowed to buy for them? How about what they get to eat or how much of it? You already gave them how your child will be educated. What else do you want them to have input into the existence of your children? Want to take them to Six Flags..not without societies permission you right?

With no animosity intended you give into societies wishes a little of easily.

Let me ask you this question...if you murder your 5 year old what exactly is the impact to myself or society?

Now what is the societal impact of a never ending stream of pregnancies of people with little ability or desire to care for a child until adulthood?

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

It's your version of truth. Don't for a moment believe your own infallibility.

jase likes this.
  6. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Is your position that no abortion has been the result of an accidental pregnancy where preventative measures were taken but didn't work? You think every single one was people just boning with no contraceptives?

7. nigel smith

I'm sure that this very scenario does play out occasionally, hence my support for the ready availability of morning after contraception, subsidized by tax dollars if need be.

8. MVA25

MVA25 Well-Known Member

You argue using an extremely, extremely small percentages of why women have abortions. Let talk about the top three reasons a lot women do it...

It’s to bad we can’t sit down to talk, and I mean that honestly.

9. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Good point but I kind of view sex sort of like motor racing. You can put on a helmet, leathers, boots and gloves but you can still end up living with the consequences of your fun. Same thing in the sack. Mitigate the risk but understand you may have a pay a larger price than expected.

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Know how we found out the birth control method failed?

She got pregnant.

I'm sure you're not insinuating that every act of sexual intercourse be followed up with the morning after pill...

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Let's talk about why it's none of your business why any woman gets an abortion, no?

12. Venom51

Or at the very least have him send you a check for whatever your kids need this week since he feels he has a right to be involved.

13. MVA25

MVA25 Well-Known Member

It is somewhat my business when my tax dollars are paying for genocide. Again, most people argue the smallest percentage of reasons for abortions, I’ll argue the main reasons why. Like I said to someone else, it’s too bad we can’t sit face to face. And I mean that to have an honest conversation.

14. nigel smith

I would be willing to bet that the percentage of abortions that take place after responsible contraceptive use is very small. Those that take responsibility before the fact are likely more prone to take responsibility after the fact.

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

This isn't the kind of conversation I have in person. Nothing positive will come of it.

And if only we all got to pick and choose what our tax dollars did or did not go to...like tax exemption subsidizing for religious organizations. :Poke:

16. Fonda Dix

you, like others, touch once again on the real argument and why there is little room for compromise.

If one group views an action as murder or genocide, and the other doesn't, there really is not much room for a middle ground.

you don't understand why he thinks it is his business because its not murder to you.
    he cant understand why you think its not his business because it is murder to him.

It runs along the same line as the FTP/use of force discussion. Taking of human life and the attitudes toward it are a pretty defined line that few dare investigate, much less cross. Good, rare, adult discussion this time gents.

Now how long until Sean comes in and has a machine gun line of responses to about 10 people, with half of them just being the word "NO" :D

scottn, jase and R1Racer99 like this.
  17. Venom51

Just like it's my business when my tax dollars are going to welfare. The sword cuts both ways. If you'll stop taking my dollars for welfare then I'll happily agree that anyone that desires an abortion can fund it themselves. Both are positions I am happy to concede.

18. Fonda Dix

this is a sweet idea. I can sit my wallet out of killing brown people for oil and funding studies about how grasshoppers screw. :D

19. MVA25

MVA25 Well-Known Member

all this, “ it’s none of my business crap”, make the mother pay for her own damn abortion. Don’t use my taxes dollars. And yes, planned parenthood is the number 1 place people go to kill. All this, woe is me crap...take some responsibility. People want to have fun, fine, but don’t walk into a clinic and expect it all to be ok because if an “oh no”.

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

And what are the main reasons why?