1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alabama abortion law...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by jase, May 16, 2019.

1. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Somewhere Jase is laughing for pulling the pin on this grenade

2. MVA25

MVA25 Well-Known Member

So I guess the answer is to just slaughter the unborn?! My argument holds the full gallon. Stop with the straw man fallacies. The point to my post was there are other options than murdering an unborn child.

3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Is it your contention that a child that you produce may be terminated by you at any point and that society at large has no stake in the matter?

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

No, the answer is to mind your own fucking business and stop sitting in judgment of people whose situation you know less than nothing about.

You speak of these other options, all of which you support in theory but fall far far short of in practice. Know what we call people like you?

5. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

84 (and counting) "opinions". All by men; all thinking their view should prevail. Interesting.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

How dare you presume my gender? :mad:

The.Johnner likes this.
  7. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I didn't. I accepted your presentation of it. (The pictures of abundant facial hair helped confirm.)

8. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I told my mom she could abort me whenever since I’m still a clump of cells

She lol’d

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Yep...your offspring...your business. My offspring...my business.

10. nigel smith

I would imagine that many homicides are committed by people who see no other option and whose situation I know nothing about. As a member of a society of laws, I believe that those instances are, indeed, my fucking business.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Oh, so now you're mocking my hirsutism?

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And currently those societal laws permit the termination of a pregnancy.

So your business ought to be defending abortion, if you're planning to use societal law as your cross to die on. :Poke:

R1Racer99 likes this.
  13. nigel smith

In that case, no further discussion is necessary. Feel free to revel in your amorality.

14. Venom51

Why is it morally wrong? By whose morals are we setting the baseline? Whose to say the baseline that has been set is correct.

15. nigel smith

Seemingly, that is no longer the case in my home state. If a law is unjust, it needs to be changed. You might consider the legality of human chattel as a glaring example. As I said, our new law goes too far. Abortion should not be totally outlawed, but it should be quite rare.

16. MVA25

MVA25 Well-Known Member

if the woman knows her life would be in danger if she were to conceive, she should more than highly consider speaking to a doctor. If the woman really wants kids, I would adopt. I’ve help out some of my family members financially to adopt.

That is a very hard one. But with that, there is a huge difference between a wanted abortion, an a unwanted abortion.

17. Venom51

I don't think many people are running around just hoping they get the opportunity to have an abortion. You people act like those getting abortions are treating it like a trip to McDonald's to get a happy meal.

18. nigel smith

Why is murder morally wrong? Again, there is no need for us to further debate this issue.

19. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Ok

So change the scenario to a mother murdering her 5 year old. Mind your own business? She created it.

This is why the discussion is pointless. We we just volley logical points back-and-forth like a never ending game of tennis.

20. Venom51

Yep...not my business. If she murdered my 5 year old then it's my business.