1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alabama abortion law...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by jase, May 16, 2019.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I don't see one side of the argument asking anyone to change their mind. One side is saying that you should be able to make that decision on your own without anyone else's opinion on it mattering. The other side is saying the it is always wrong and that no one should have the right to even make that decision. Most often because their little invisible man in the sky says so through the paid mouth piece at their local house of fashion.

I'm not even saying whether it is right or wrong to do so. I am saying that is a choice of which only you and the other person involve should have any say so over.

2. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

one.

and she's only legally a kid for the next 19 hours. :-(

sheepofblue likes this.
  3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

There's one neat trick to avoid getting pregnant or getting someone else pregnant.

Actually, no... there's several. Pick one.

Choices have consequences.

But as I said, go ahead & get that abortion. While we're in there, we'll just remove this pesky uterus so you don't have to suffer this inconvenience again. And if sperm donor is known, we can fix him right up, too.

MVA25 likes this.
  4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

No.

5. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

ok, so would you say that murder is only between the murderer and victim and that everybody else should butt out? I know you dont see it as murder but I am trying to illustrate that some of us do and that is the moral dilemma for us. I cant just walk by as you or anyone else is murdered, especially out of convenience.

And FWIW, I have not entered a church in over 20 years so that intentionally condescending description of the faithful must be for somebody else. :)

6. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Accidents happen.

To penalize everyone involved sounds rather puritanical, no?

7. MVA25

MVA25 Well-Known Member

Because I’m sure that living child really enjoys being ripped apart all because mommy doesn’t want to.

This whole “ I’m not ready for a child, can not afford it, it will wreck my life”’,is garbage.
    1. I highly doubt the kid is ready to be murdered(usually no one wants to be murdered) 2. There is plenty of people that will help. If all else fails: thousands of couples want a kid, but can’t have one, adoption is better than abortion every time. 3. The child’s life is definitely “wrecked” because of someone else’s extreme selfishness.

8. joec

joec brace yourself

Exactly.. they should get married first. It's Alabama after all.

Having the death penalty I think, just me, nullifies the god morality argument.

R1Racer99 and pickled egg like this.
  9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Where do you draw the line? I murdered thousands of potential children with a Kleenex this morning. Jennifer Lawrence is guilty of conspiracy. If she’d let me impregnate her, at least one of those potential lives would have been saved.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

How many unwanted children are you currently fostering?

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Nice. Wish her a happy birthday from the assholes in the dungeon :D

I would have been a shit parent at 18. I'd have been a shit parent at 28. I'd have been a shit parent at 38. Somehow, 29 days before my 42nd birthday I managed to pull my head out of my ass and embrace the reality of becoming a father, and I don't think anyone who has seen me with my kids would say I'm not a good father.

Fonda Dix likes this.
  12. Venom51

Did the murder help create the victim? Then yes. If that murder is killing people he/she didn't help create then we have some input. If you are given the power of choice to decide to create should you not also be given the same power to not create either proactively or not? If you believe that you should only be given the power to create then what should be outlawed is sex for sport. If you aren't going to produce a life then you shouldn't be having sex perhaps.

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

More draconian.

14. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

You killing your kid is my business. You killing anyone is my business. We are both members of a society that has decided that human life is worth protecting with force of law. Those laws are an expression of control over others. Without them, we are simply savages. Unless you are, in actual fact, a psychopathic anarchist, our only bone of contention is what constitutes a human life. Where would you draw that line, and why?

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

The people who consider a non-viable fetus' termination a murder are akin to any other extremist position in my eyes.

You're welcome to have your extremist position. You're not welcome to impose your extremist position on me.

jase, code3ryder and SuddenBraking like this.
  16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

When the orphanages are empty, your argument may hold some water.

17. Venom51

Nope. If what I do with my genetic material is your business than you should have no issue agreeing that your bank account is my business. So let's right up a law that requires you to share your account information with society. Where do you draw the line on what is societies business and what is not?

Mine is obviously very different from yours.

18. MVA25

MVA25 Well-Known Member

Easy, the moment of conception.

I’m not fostering any. I’m also not out murdering any either. Because I’m not fostering any, doesn’t make my argument any weaker. I believe you’re using a straw man fallacy here.

19. Venom51

No he is asking you to put your money where your beliefs are. If you believe that it is wrong then go find an abortion clinic and talk some young lady into not aborting one so you can take care of it.

Or is this one of those cases where it's not convenient so you don't want to do it.

hiddentoken and ryoung57 like this.
  20. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

What are your thoughts if the woman’s life is in danger if she conceives?