1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alabama abortion law...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by jase, May 16, 2019.

1. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

Sure but the mom could be charged with manslaughter and go to jail.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I can't speak to this specific issue, but for the right price, a 100 year old person can purchase life insurance. Insurance is just legalized gambling.

4. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

What about if i knock up a girl i meet at the bar or in the alley out back? Can i have my kick ass medical insurance cover the fetus while she is pregnant even if i have no intention of ever seeing the girl again? I mean, if she doesn't have any insurance and this is a little person why shouldn't my insurance cover it?

5. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

You do understand that insurance regulations/coverages have zero impact on the actual discussion here, right? Hell, it’s a disagreement over the actual federal law being discussed. But by all means, keep dominating. This is like trying to quote the Bible as your evidence in a debate with someone who doesn’t believe in religion. Total non sequiter.

6. cpettit

So no answers on either question. OK.

7. cpettit

Ok how about an easy one.... If Alabama cares so much for their chirrins how come they are consistently ranked among the worst states for education?

8. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

No point. We both know the answers. It still has nothing to do with the discussion.

9. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Simple. More politics. Duh.

10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

That one is easy. The failure of education is intended and is only a failure for the individual receiving the education. That organization currently in control of public schooling deems the school system to be working as intended. The last thing they want is a populace of critical thinkers. They rely on a populace of uninformed individuals with little ability to cypher through the bullshit to keep them in office.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Because what passes as "education" these days is little more than liberal brainwashing, indoctrination and mindless regurgitation.

[​IMG]

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And that too. :D

13. cpettit

Yet we have a ranking system where all students who undergo standardized testing (which i am not a fan of) and the school systems are then ranked by how much of that knowledge the students have actually retained. It's not like Alabama teaches a separate curriculum from the other 50 states. Are they just not interested in teaching it or are the students rebelling against this so called indoctrination? I'm talking math, writing, science here..... not feminist studies and business golf in college.

14. Venom51

That's like ranking turds by smell and taper.

15. cpettit

So still no answers.

I'll answer it for you.

Alabama and the majority of the south claim to be pro constitution because the 2nd amendment is our god given right but when asked to separate church and state they say fuck the constitution, we are a country founded on Christianity. We love freedom but only when it's the kind we like!

16. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

You could actually learn a lot about the health of an individual that way. So, may be shitty, but you find out what shape the former container is in whether it's Bob or Alabama.

17. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

So ... the left and right sides of the aisle agree. Solid point.

18. cpettit

Yes!

19. Venom51

I am not saying there isn't something to be learned but perhaps that something is not where education needs to be improved but where to dumb it down some more.

20. cpettit

Hard to set the bar much lower. I have several teachers in my family and the work they hand out is much easier than when we were young. Also, homework is alomst non existent in most schools now because everyone's lil flower has to be in 1400 after school activities.

We are already falling behind other nations in areas like geography, reading, writing, math, science, chemistry, physics..... the important things. We should dumb it down more so we are even behind the third world countries or so Alabama and the rest can catch up?