1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alabama abortion law...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by jase, May 16, 2019.

1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I dont want to ban abortion. I just wish its proponents would live in reality. The reality that they killing. The reality that it is wrong. The reality that they have chosen to do something wrong but they are willing to live with that choice.

This painting it as anything else is what I find most offensive.

auminer and brex like this.
  2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You killing your kid is your business. Me killing your kid is crossing the line. I have no desire to want to kill your kid but I also have no desire to tell you that you can't. How is that a drastic expression of control over others?

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Hey, let's not forget they're not responsible enough to provide financially for their own health care needs, so the government keeps them on mom and dad until they're 26...

4. Venom51

Wrong for who and why? Again if I wanted to have some say so about the health and well being of a group of cells and the future adult they may become I would have one. If you don't want to feel guilty about ending the advancement of a group of cells into a future adult then by all means don't abort any of them. Having said that you really shouldn't care what someone else chooses to do with their group of cells that may one day be an adult. Having a position personally is perfectly fine. Trying to foist that position on the rest of society because you personally disagree with it is where the problem lies.

Doubling the issue is that at some point in the future of that group of cells, that someone wasn't allowed their free choice to do with as they wish, you'll come back to the tax paying society and ask to pick our pockets to pay for that grouping of cells that is not yet an adult. I have a real problem with that as well.

R1Racer99 and pickled egg like this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And for the record, my first child would have been born in 1989 if my "get out of jail for $600" card hadn't been available.

Best decision I could have made then, and it took another 23 years before I "oopsed" again...and that one is outside with her little sister and their new puppy.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  6. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

The same could be said of forcing someone to give birth who doesn’t want to, no?

7. Fonda Dix

two things. you dont get to tell me what to care about.
    and
    you can take that clump of cells bullshit and preach it to someone else. I have seen the bodies of aborted babies and they are far beyond a clump of cells in my vision.

and fwiw, I never advocated foisting anything on anyone. Be fine with your baby murder. Its between you and God.

pickled egg likes this.
  8. Venom51

What god?

hiddentoken, Robby-Bobby and ryoung57 like this.
  9. Fonda Dix

Not the same.

In once scenario a person suffers inconvenience, possibly lifelong.

In the other a person suffers permanent death.

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Fixed. :moon:

11. Venom51

We all suffer death eventually. What's the difference?

12. Fonda Dix

oh hell no, I am going down that freaking circular path again.

you may have no God. that may make this easier for you. I get that. enjoy that. one of us is right. it might be you.

13. SuddenBraking

Appreciate your honesty.

I’m in a similar boat - my wife (then girlfriend) had an abortion almost a decade ago. It was an unintended pregnancy and we weren’t ready to have kids.

We now have three beautiful girls and a fantastic life, and there’s zero doubt in my mind that would be the case had we been forced to raise a child we weren’t ready for.

Every now and then I reminisce about how he or she would’ve been, but there’s no doubt in my mind that we made the right choice and not one bit of guilt. That child wasn’t going to be born whether we got accidentally pregnant or not.

TL;DR - trying to force someone to have a child they don’t want is the epitome of stupid, IMO. The fact that much of that viewpoint is influenced by the world’s greatest pedophilia ring (the Catholic Church) is irony on a mind blowing scale.

14. Venom51

You started it. :D

15. SuddenBraking

Is death not a lifelong inconvenience? :Poke:

16. Fonda Dix

Isn't it wonderful that you weren't viewed as disposable? I assume that has afforded you a long, fun, life. All that racing, probably a family and friends. Maybe a prosperous career. Lucky boy.

Fair point. :)

17. Venom51

That's a call only my parents could have made. If they weren't willing I wouldn't be here but I also wouldn't know I wouldn't have been here.

18. Fonda Dix

for sure it is.

that is my point. I dont view preventing inconvenience as worth the death of another human being.

It is only fair to reveal that I was part of an abortion in my teen years. It was used as tool to keep from "ruining the rest of my life"
    And I regret it every day and always will. YMMV.

19. Fonda Dix

Well, since children dont actually have a sense of self until around 3 years of age, we might as well extend abortion to 3.

BTW, this is another circular argument where nobody learns anything and nobody changes their mind. :)

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

How many kids you have now?