1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Airless Sprayers..... looking for recommendations!

Discussion in 'General' started by XFBO, Mar 11, 2017.

1. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Sooooo, my tool acquisition addiction is still alive and present and I've decided I need an airless sprayer in my collection. I actually HAD one, one of those cheaper $300 Graco stationary units about a decade ago and now find myself regretting to have sold it.

I purchased one of those handheld Graco jobbers, works well with thinner latex paints but not so much on the thicker stuff (been getting the infamous tiger striping) but that aside, it's great for smaller projects but honestly, it gets annoying to have to fill up the cup every 10 or so minutes to keep going so I want a sprayer that I can stick the hose into a can of paint and just gooooo til the room is done!

I've been surfing the CL to find a used one, lotsa Graco's and a handful of those Titan's.....actually inquiring about one as I type this, an older Titan unit that was barely used.

Anyhow, if any one here has much experience with either make and can highly recommend one over the other, even specific model that'd be great!

TIA!

2. Hire that shit out, that's the tool you need.

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

How much fucking painting are you doing?!?!? :confused:

Go to the rental shop.

4. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Tempting.

I gave it a NY minutes thought but the truth is, I have several rooms needing fresh paint and they're not ALL ready to go (iihc, they're charging $50/day and I got at least 3 days worth if not more), plus I figure I got lots a painting in my future, between getting this home in decent shape to list for sale and then, more than likely, my next home needing some fresh paint....figured like a good chainsaw, it couldn't hurt to have around??? :D

5. Yes manual labor hurts.

6. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Man, you guys are useless.......you'd think I'd be getting a lot more replies on a motorcycle racing forum. :D

7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

3 rooms?

3" Purdy, and an 18" roller.

Focker likes this.
  8. joec

joec brace yourself

Allpro with the dc motor. Been using one for years..and keep them oiled.

Or an 18 with a decent sash brush.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  9. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

These sprayers plus your time is worth less than $150?

10. But there is no motor. Do you wear headphones with motor sounds to pretend?

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I'll ask the painters on Monday...

12. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

By the time you got everything masked off and ready I could have the rooms done with a roller and cut in with a brush. :D

13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Damn you people!!!

BS, how close are you to NJ to prove me wrong? :D

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep - and I've done rooms with a sprayer - and and I hate painting :D

Just not worth it for normal home stuff. Can't remember the last time I used mine. Hell, even water seal on the deck I used a pump type sprayer not the real one.

15. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

lol not close enough. Son of a painting contractor, been doing it a long time. And if you had one before you know airless doesn't mean no over spray, better have everything covered up real good. :D

XFBO likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The wife is still pissed one bathroom floor looks like crap around the edges :D

XFBO likes this.
  17. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

I don't know why but my wife loves painting, I cant fucking stand it but if she goes at I tell her to wear something a little skimpy so I have something to do while she's busy working. :D

18. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

You painted a bathroom with a sprayer? Hahahaha

XFBO likes this.
  19. MotoGP1199

MotoGP1199 Well-Known Member

I prefer a roller due to the fact that it hides/fills in a lot of imperfections. Sprayer will show EVERYTHING

20. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Man, youtube is a God send for us diy'ers.....I used to be terrible at taping stuff off, between using the wrong tape, technique, thinking it'd stay stuck for long periods of time and not knowing when it needed to come off....man, I used to get horrible results almost every time. LOL! All you sob's with the "for 3 rooms, I'd just use a sash brush and roller"....Blah! I'm getting older, shit is supposed to get easier! LOL!

It's true tho, the time you save actually 'painting' with a sprayer is lost on clean up but my shoulders don't seem to take as big of a hit. :D

So for the time being, I'm progressing with just the use of my Graco handheld sprayer......works pretty darn good with certain paints, one freakin wall at a time, if that, between fill ups. I had to use a roller for the ceiling since a spraying wasn't recommended.