1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Air Rifle recommendations

Discussion in 'General' started by jkraft, Jun 12, 2019.

1. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Just go full retard if you're going to do it...

Piper's Precision Products M134A2 Vulcan Minigun Specifications:

[​IMG]
    • Length: 37"
    • Height: 13"
    • Weight: 22lbs. (Unloaded)
    • Caliber: 6mm Steel .88g BB or 6mm Plastic Airsoft (.20g or .25g) BB
      (The M134A2 is capable of shooting both plastic and/or steel BBs through the same barrel; 6mm Steel BBs are NOT for use for airsoft skimishing!)
    • Velocity: 280 fps to 600fps (Depends on regulator and BB weight and customer's preferences)
      Note: For those intending to skirmish with the M134A2, please consult your local field regulations concerning the permited legal limits!)
    • Rate of Fire: 50 Rounds Per Second or 3,000 Rounds Per Minute
    • Range: 50-75 Yards on a Human Sized Target (Effective); 100-125 Yards on a Human Sized Target (Maximum)
    • Ammo capacity: 5,800 Rounds (Internal Hopper)
    • Power Source: Co2 or High Pressure Air (HPA) Compressed Air Tank or Air Compressor (150 PSI, CFM 20-25 Recommended); 12 Volt 1100mAh Ni-Cad Battery (Powers the motor which spins the barrels)

$3500

2. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

That's odd since all the 22 target ammo is subsonic. I shoot it to 225 yards all the time, hitting steel chickens in the head. I have 4 22.s in the safe that will shoot mostly one hole groups at 50 yards. Here's one of them, a 10/22 without any ruger parts I built for my nephew. This was the first time I shot a group, five shots, with it after zeroing the scope at 25 yards. It probably had less than 15 rounds down the barrel at the time. The second one I built for his brother shoots the same.

Attached Files:

3. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Standard velocity .22LR won't go supersonic out of a 16" or less barrel at my altitude. No need for the stuff labeled "subsonic".

4. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

You will lose velocity with a barrel much over 16 inches using standard velocity 22 ammo.

5. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I prefer CCI ultra quiet sub sonic rounds in a bolt rifle, but i have shopped air guns to avoid violating local laws.

It’s something to consider in the suburbs. Then again no one ever calls about the FIRST shot. It’s the follow-ups that get the neighbors nervous.

6. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

i bought a Gamo gun for a cpl hundy at Academy. It'll smoke most anything i need it to. Coons, opossum, squirrels, etc.

7. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I shoot 22 pellets out of my 77/22H hornet over 2 gr of HS-6 with a tp filler. It is accurate out to 40 yds and will kill any possible rodent. It is very quiet, no louder than an air rifle. I had to experiment with lube and pellets to get it to group.