1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Air Force 1 security when in the air.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by G 97, May 23, 2017.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

So just check Hillary's emails. Duh

cav115 likes this.
  2. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

3. snikwad

snikwad Well-Known Member

One of them came into San Antonio a few months ago for some overhaul/maintenance. Don't know if it has left already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

5. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

6. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

Anything other than standard countermeasures (chaff/flare) is classified.

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Force field, tractor beam, photon torpedoes.
    The usual stuff.

8. MotoGP1199

MotoGP1199 Well-Known Member

I heard it cloaks into an invisible state and transforms into an SR91. No way to catch it.

9. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

We were always within a few hours, not miles. But, generally in the air when AF1 was traveling. Its been a number of years, so maybe they've changed things, but that was normal practice in the 90s.

10. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I seriously doubt any ground threat would have any intel about arrival/departure times, so scratch man-portable missiles. Even then, the shooter would need to have been FULLY educated about the weapon's capabilities/limitations...you only get that as a US service member whose job IS that weapon.
    Thank God they don't issue Stingers to Postal workers. :D

11. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

There are also tools that calculate threat space for a stinger. You can patrol that on the ground and change flight path angle to resize it.

12. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

It sounds as though your knowledge comes from personal experience. May I ask what you flew?

I only 'know' one fighter pilot, and he flies for FedEx these days. Gary is my friend's father-in-law. I've only spoken with him a handful of times, and never long enough to pick his brain in any depth about his Air Force days. Just enough that I should remember what he flew, and I know my friend's kids call him "Grandpa Shooter," because that was his call sign. Wait, that sounds wrong. His call sign was "Shooter." The grandkids call him "Grandpa, Shooter" as opposed to Grandpa Paul (their other grandfather) - I have no reason to suspect that Gary shoots grandpas.

13. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

There's a graph (classified) depicting the parameters based on target speed/distance/elevation and time to impact. Landing approach is a dead duck target within a radius that can't possibly be covered by protective forces in an urban environment.
    How big is that radius?
    How far can you fly in less than half a minute at Mach 2+?

14. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

It can easily be found on the internet when AF1 and AF2 are departing and returning to Andrews. NOTAMs are published with times for the ramp freezes.

15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You reckon the NSA (or some alphabet soup agency we don't even have an acronym for) instantly pulls up a profile of every IP that searches for that information?

16. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Paint a tube black and stand within 10 miles of Andrews and lets see how long you last.

joec likes this.