1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aim solo 2 DL and ZX6R

Discussion in 'Tech' started by HookieRooker, Nov 3, 2022.

1. HookieRooker

HookieRooker Active Member

I posted in the general section, but probably should have put it here. Does anyone have real world experience with a solo 2 DL and a 13-18 ZX-6R? I'm familiar with the literature on Aim's website. Was wondering if you actually get all the data points they advertise because of the disclaimer they have at the bottom of the page (that some bikes may or may not have some). Just curious if it's worth the extra money, or if I should just go with a regular solo 2. Don't want to spend the extra cash just for it to tell me speed, rpm, and coolant temp. I have a gauge cluster for that. Thanks in advance.

2. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

AIM probably sells a cable that connects the DL to the gauges. If you can find the documentation for that cable, it’ll say what channels actually come through. It’s all somewhere on the AIM site.

3. Y33k3r

Y33k3r New Member

I've heard that you have to splice/tap into 4 wires on the dash, but I haven't done it myself. There's no AIM cable.

4. HookieRooker

HookieRooker Active Member

Thanks for the responses, guys. I'm going with the regular solo 2. It will be plenty for me and my pace. If I ever get a zx10 I'll look into data logging

5. ShelikSpencer

ShelikSpencer Member

Is the solo 2 dl still available