1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AHRMA Dissolution?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 83BSA, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charles

charles The Transporter

I thought it was the Hawkbill Inn...:D

Okay, Carl, tell us about the new ED of AHRMA.

And did you read the latest filings, which should
    be of interest to all trustees?

2. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Well, she has worked tirelessly for rider safety over the years, has much business experience, and has done a damn good job of running the roadracing program. She cares a lot about racers, and I consider her a good friend.

Yes, I read the latest filings. I found no revelations there.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Women in charge of a male dominated sport seems to be a very good thing all around :D

4. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

Sean you are just interested in the Women Domination part. :wow:

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nah, I wear the pants around here!!!!

(yes, this post does mean she doesn't read the Vintage forum all that often :crackup: )

6. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

This post reminds me of "The Man Song"

http://humor.beecy.net/menwomen/mansong/

:crackup:

7. charles

charles The Transporter

Wot? I am stunned. I thought YOU were in charge!

so...it would be women dominating a male-dominated sport.

Next you'll want Hillary dragging her sissy-boy Bill into the White House.

Mongo I am shocked. Today will be a misery until you take this back.

I won't sleep until this is resolved.

8. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

YAWN ;)

9. charles

charles The Transporter

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

You may wear the pants, butt who controls the zipper?

11. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

Dare I say Ouch? :eek:

12. charles

charles The Transporter

RECENT EVENTS: THE WAR WITH NO END

Come 31 JAN 2007, the bankruptcy judge in Nashville, TN, will consider the motions filed by AHRMA and TO...seems AHRMA wants the court in TN to determine the (prospective) worth of the TO case in ED NY, and of course TO wants the court in TN to either dismiss the AHRMA Chapter 11 (due to a 'bad faith' filing, should the court so find), or to send everything to the court in ED NY where the action has been for several years (or was it decades, I can't remember?)...anyway, to eyeball some of the latest filings, just go to the "saveahrma.com" website and there they are, on the opening page, all in 'pdf' format.

Any thoughts on the outcome of the 31 JAN 07 hearing, provided you read the documents referenced above to get a fair idea of what is at stake? Also, did those documents provide you with any insights?

Are the AHRMA trustee elections finished, if so, who won?

13. phantom 309

phantom 309 Well-Known Member

Charles , ballots due by jan 17th so all you members vote soon and for change.Not the same old group that got us to this bad time. VOTE<VOTE<VOTE

14. charles

charles The Transporter

Well, Tim, the thing is: are the new trustees (how many?) going to take a keen interest in what is going on in Nashville on 31 JAN 07, and, if so, what have they set forth to alter the past course of events? What have the soon-to-be new trustees offered the members in the way of a resolution, if any?

15. OldSwartout

OldSwartout Well-Known Member

Give it a rest, Charles. If you were an AHRMA member you would have known the elections weren't over yet. You are wanting people to speculate on what the courts will do a month from now (extremely unpredictable) and on what new trustees will do, when we don't even know how many will be new and who they will be. You can probably predict a horse race much more accurately, so you could better spend your time on an online gambling site. Or just go back to a real topic dealing with racing and post something useful to us two-stroke racers.

16. charles

charles The Transporter

Karl:
    There is nothing I wrote asking anyone to "speculate." Since you are an AHRMA member, and obviously kept much better informed than me, you tell me: have any of the trustees, 'new' or 'old', indicated what position they- as the leadership of AHRMA-would be taking concerning the legal matters, since the situation is now in the public domain? You people are voting for trustees with no clearly stated intentions regarding the legal matters? Believe it or not, Karl, the client tells the attorney what he (the client) wants, not the other way around, or did you do it differently in AHRMA? By the way, it is not all that difficult to do some legal research, read the filings, etc., and come up with some observations, perhaps even strongly held convictions.
    I'm not known for giving things "a rest." I'll have plenty of time for that when I'm dead....you don't think the AHRMA thing is a "real topic"? Well, maybe not, maybe in fact it is of little interest in the grand scheme of things. Strangely, even though I'm not a member of AHRMA- yet- I'd like to see the organization survive and prosper...that is more likely to happen in the presence of some light instead of the darkness that has prevailed.

17. OldSwartout

That is exactly what you were asking. You were not asking for facts.

We don't know who the trustees are going to be and you want Tim to tell you what they're going to do when they take office and find out the details of the situation.

If that isn't asking for speculation on the outcome of the court proceeding a month from now, I certainly don't know what else you could mean.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Old people are funny :crackup:

19. OldSwartout

Thanks!:up:

Someone finally got it.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.