1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Affordable parking reasonably close to Boston

Discussion in 'General' started by crashman, Apr 6, 2017.

1. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Is there such an animal? My daughter just found out that parking was not included in the deal with her summer internship and she does not have anything to do with her car. We don't have a plan A yet but Plan B is for her to drive from PA back to TX, fly to Boston at the start of the summer, fly back to TX and drive to PA. Obviously not the ideal situation so we are looking for options.

2. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

The 2 words parking and Boston mixed together sounds expensive.

3. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

First of all, I live in PA and, assuming the maps I use are still accurate, PA is closer to Boston than TX, so, why drive from PA to TX and then fly to Boston?
    Define affordable. How frequently will she need a car? In what area will she be living? Assuming she will live/work close to the T, you can get to many places using public transportation.

4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:Ya, PA is a little closer...
    She can't leave her car at the college over the summer so we need to find some place to park it. It would just be easiest if she could just load her shit and drive to Boston. She will be living at one of the dorms at Harvard. I know nothing about the area or associated costs though so I thought I would ask here.

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You don't want or need a car in Cambridge if you don't have free parking included with your domicile.
    Store it someplace. Boston is a small and easily traveled city.

crashman likes this.
  6. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

You cant find a storage facility to park it at for the summer? That way if she does need it, its near at hand. But to get around in boston, you definitely do not need a car, especially in the summer. T will get you anywhere you want to be.

crashman likes this.
  7. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

crashman likes this.
  8. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

She is a student and on a stipend so "affordable" is really as cheap as possible and see if it is worth it.
    Thanks for the input though guys. That helps. I did not know about Spot Hero and I had not even thought of storage lots.

9. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version