1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add bike build section?

Discussion in 'General' started by 50Joe, Aug 3, 2020.

1. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Other forums have a section dedicated to bike builds only. I think it would be a good addition to the beeb. No BS, just bike builds. It's interesting to me to see what others are working on and document their progress. Yea, we have an Other section and Tech session but a builds only section would be cool.

Prospect, ducnut, TurboBlew and 4 others like this.
  2. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I actually like that the WERA forums aren't very divided. I hate some of the forums that I visit that have a bunch of sections.

I do really want to see bike builds though. Start a post and have at it. I'm sure people will join in.

RRP likes this.
  3. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

That sounds cool to me

4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Define "build".

5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I think its more about the destruction around here.

Sabre699 and dtalbott like this.
  6. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Converting a street bike to race trim, hybrid build projects, taking a total POS and turning it into a rideable street or track bike, doing a complete tear down and rebuild after a season of racing, etc.

7. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

Lol. My novice year, I got really pretty good at fiberglass repairs one handed...

dtalbott and tzrider like this.
  8. fastfreddie

Seems like we're all on the same page and those are all things we're likely to do.
    Question now, for me anyway, is which project do I start with? :D

rd400racer and 50Joe like this.
  9. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

LoL! Fixed it, for effect....

10. 418

418 Expert #59

That's a firm NO from me.

I don't need to be reminded by people like you that my bubble gum and duct tape method might leave something to be desired.

11. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I'll go first. Doing my first oil change on my 300 swapped Grom and added the recommended 1.5 liters for the engine (2017 CB300F). Should I be adding more because of the orientation (the angle the motor is installed at)? When I bought the bike I could see the oil level in the site glass but even after adding an additional 0.5 liters (that's 2 liters total for anyone keeping score at home), I can't see any oil in the site glass.

Attached Files:

turbulence, TurboBlew and 50Joe like this.
  12. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Cool build. It would be more cool to see how you did it, etc.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  13. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

:D:D:D

14. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

50Joe likes this.
  15. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Shirvanisng

fastfreddie likes this.
  16. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

17. fastfreddie

I think that was covered in post #5. :D

Fencer and SuddenBraking like this.
  18. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

and then it burned down

19. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

RIGHT!!!! Every other forum I try to get started on (AR-15/WR250/Thumper/ADV-Rider) I get super pissed off and annoyed quickly because EVERY FUCKING THING is sub-divided all to hell not to mention all the stupid dark colors and themes and advertising and bullshit. And every time, I'm like....why can't these fuckers be like the BBS......fuck it, I'm out.

20. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

That is so freakin cool...this is why I love forums where else would I have seen this.

Gonna put myself on the list to find out when they come back in stock and start looking for a grom to purchase....

If you don’t mind sharing how much the check you wrote was bc I’m very curious??

50Joe likes this.