1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

adapting footpeg sliders to rear sets

Discussion in 'Tech' started by mattology, Aug 2, 2017.

1. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

hello

my rear sets on my mini hybrid do not fold up and i have to adapt footpeg sliders to use the bike at bushnell motorsports park (kart track)

was wondering what some ideas are that you guys have?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mattology

no ideas?

3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

If the track is requiring folding pegs or sliders I would get some cheap folding pegs and bolt them on. If you must do sliders, I'd bet some aftermarket bar end sliders could easily be adapted.

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

PVC end caps (no shit)

5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

6. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

i dont understand the ask. u need peg feelers that hang down like on OEM rearsets? or u just need more plastic on the end of your peg? for the first, it wouldnt be too hard to cut a flat onto the bottom of your current pegs and bolt on a feeler. the second seems very easy, u could prob just screw something into the plastic thats already there.

7. mattology

ahha wow, i never thought of the pvc end caps! i could cut the top down so that it doesnt interfere with my boot. that's a great easy idea.

TurboBlew likes this.
  8. mattology

the track owner wants something that will protect the track surface when i throw the bike down the road on its side

9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

So he's expecting you to crash. :crackup:

10. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

You ever been to a supermoto/ mini bike trackday?
    Hell yes they expect us to crash:crackup:

11. mattology

hahaha yeah basically all of the that

12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

No, I have not.

13. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Yes I used 3/4th PVC pipe cut in half on my Z125. Used a small bolt to the peg feeler threads and safety wire to attach.

Didnt even cap them off they just extended to the end. I showed tech how they fold up nicely with the PVC hitting first. Combined with bar, axle, and frame sliders they had no issues.

14. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

Use bar end sliders, mount them with the expanding things that hold on hand gaurds.