1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acree's in, who's out?

Discussion in 'General' started by Eck, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Eck

Eck Older, wiser, but still addicted to roadracing

RW has a news story that Lee Acree will be riding for Vesrah next season.

Has someone already gotten the boot, or will someone get the boot?

Who might fill Lee's spot with KWS?

2. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Having Lee back in the paddock full time is great for WERA and all the other riders that are there. He is a class act and and a great racer, I can't wait to see him out there next year.

I might still be rooting for the new champs though

3. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

So does that mean one of the Vesrah is out or just adding another rider?

Hmm anyway, that's awesome for Lee. I always watching him run with Arclight :up:

4. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

This should be interesting.I thought there might be a change in the wind.

5. xsr71x

xsr71x Old Member

Watch it.. your steppin perilously close to that agreement in your sig!:D :Poke:

6. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I guess Vesrah aint playing.:cool:
    I seriously like to see more of the big boys returning to the series. A WERA weekend beats an AMA weekend anyday IMHO.

7. xsr71x

xsr71x Old Member

With CCS tanking the F-USA series it may also pay better than AMA weekends!

8. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I appreciate the help I get from Vesrah, not I won't even speculate, which is very difficult:p

9. Chuck Ivey

Chuck Ivey Well-Known Member

I found this sentence to be the most interesting,

"Vesrah lost the 2005 WERA National Endurance Championship to Team Velocity Racing, largely due to rider errors (crashes) late in the season."

Hmmm....
    problably would not have anything to do with TVR riding like CHAMPIONS, and being CONSISTENT the whole season.

Was the explanation why even necessary?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2005
  10. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Hey Chuck, if you'd have beaten Max Biaggi into second place you woulda got the same response from him. You deserve the Championship, and deserve to enjoy it free of negativity like that. Well done on an excellent season.:up:

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's a tossup, depending on your point of view it's either a slam at Vesrah for making mistakes or a slam at TVR by not admitting they won the champiosnhip straight up. That's what happens when people don't watch all season and see why those mistakes happened and didn't see TVR pushing Vesrah all year.

Don't take it personally Chuck - the number one plate is going on your bike after all :D

12. jstewart

jstewart Well-Known Member

That is cool !!

We will take that NO.1 plate and sport it proudly for 06 and still run our team based on consistant riding, pit stops and not crashing very often on those same Yamaha R1 bikes and at the end of the season we will know we gave it our best efforts! We will either congradulate the new champs or we will hold onto that NO.1 plate again, either way it goes our results will be our responsibility and we accept them good or bad and move on to the next race ! I think having L. Acree back in WERA is a great thing for everyone, it brings the level of competition up a lil , but ultimately he is human too and you have to beat every other team on the track to win the race so let the good times roll!

Jody Stewart (crew chief)
    TVR ENDURANCE 2005 NATIONAL OVERALL CHAMPIONS !!!

p.s. WELCOME BACK HOME LEE !!

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Re: That is cool !!

Werd!

14. Chuck Ivey

Chuck Ivey Well-Known Member

No, by no means do I take it personal. I find it funny actually. normally I would not even comment on something like that. There just seems to be an excuse in every release. It's all good though. I do however think it does convey a negative thought to any "riders" involved.

15. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Class act. You'll make a lot of fans that way.

16. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

There's the advantage, YAMAHA!!! :clap: :p

17. Jim McDowell

Jim McDowell Hoping to pass tech

So...did this release come from Vesrah or are these RRW's words?

BTW Velocity are great champions I'm personally very happy for them.

18. jstewart

jstewart Well-Known Member

Thanx ekraft84 !

We always try for the positive karma thing, the other way always comes back to bite you in one way or another ! So it is all good and I can not wait to see the new teams or new alliances made between existing teams and existing riders, you never know what might be coming around the next turn! So everyone needs to bring the A game next year cause we plan on doing so also, good luck and happy holidays to all !

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm guessing RRW since they always label releases as such.

20. nancy junge

nancy junge Vesrah Suzuki

Correct, it says copyright RRW, not "From a press release".