1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accossato master repair kit?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by EnvyCycles, Nov 7, 2017.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Seems this is a good a place as any to ask this but I brought an old Brembo 19x18 to Fred at Yoyodyne to service for me (new lever, crash kit, seals etc). He told me that Brembo MC's (and I'd have to assume all others) actually have a lifespan on them. Not seals wearing out that need to be replaced but the actually unit itself should be trashed and replaced with a new one. Is that in fact the case?

2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Absolutely. For our racing program, five races is it for the MC, crash or not, I think that's close to what most teams we race against do. That's probably extreme for club racing, but we ran into problems with a lifespan longer than that, so I called it five races. (We had more brake problems this season than I've ever seen, and they started after a lifespan replacement with a brand new one, so you never know) That's the biggest problem with buying the billet bling $2000 MC - it still wears out and is technically lifed after a pro racing season. So we stick with $500 and under MCs. Our budget allows us to life them at five. I disassemble them and save nipples, pivots, and some other parts and throw the rest away. I would say if you see any leaks, start to bleed more often, or start getting fade, change it. If that solves the problem, throw out the old one. (It might be calipers, but do the MC first) Front brakes are too important.

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I remember Hayden mentioning brake problems here and there during the season. Hope you guys found a good solution for 2018.

4. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

We did. Barber Results might reinforce that.

5. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

OEM r6 master cyl with GPtech folding lever and remote cable adjuster.. awesome setup for club racin. I think after reading this thread, i will update my "5 year replace" plan on my OEM master cylinders :)

6. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

Sounds like you're the man to contact when in need of replacement master parts, when TJ is out of stock

7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I had no idea master cylinders deteriorated like that? We never even had a new one, guess I screwed up there a little bit.

When he races again, I will correct that.

8. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Picked up (2) accossato 19x18's with folding levers today for $390 from omnia racing on ebay.

Hardracing has the BRAKING 19x18 with 'pivoting' lever and reservoir kit for $175.