1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accossato master repair kit?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by EnvyCycles, Nov 7, 2017.

1. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

Anyone know if there is a crash repair kit for the Accossato like the Brembo? I can not find it anywhere. Anyone know if the Brembo repair kit will work on the Accossato masters?

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

3. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

I read that but was hoping someone had some better news. I know Fred from Yoyodyne told me that the levers were interchangeable between Brembo and Accossato and was hoping the pushrod was also.

4. MurfSVR

MurfSVR Well-Known Member

Subscribed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

Called AccossatoUSA which its Galfer and basically told me they are a one time crash master cylinders if any damage to the push rod or knob or reservoir adapter.

6. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

Time to sell my Accossatos and get some Brembos since I can get everything for them, from crash kits to reservoir adapter kits and also the inner piston seals.

7. racepro171

racepro171 to finish first, first you must finish!

take it apart and go see a machinist, make a crash kit. you will have something everybody wants

badmoon692008 likes this.
  8. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

When I was looking to upgrade from oem that’s the reason I didn’t go with the Accossato.

9. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

This was a timely thread. I am looking at needing (ok wanting) a couple masters for various bikes and was going over options. Is there anything that compares to the Brembo RCS for quality and repairability?

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Galespeed makes a really nice one. Braking also makes them

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Ya, I have been looking at those too but repair parts do not seem readily available.

12. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

Not sure about the Braking brand, but you'll be in almost the same scenario with the Galespeed. I own one and they are very nice, but I asked Graves about replacement levers and they told me it is almost as much as a new master. I have an RCS Brembo and I think think those as the same, as well.

IMO best bang for the buck master cylinder is the Brembo MK2. You can still get crash kits and the performance is very good.

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yup, as far as crashability/fixability goes the standard non-RCS forged Brembo are the way to go.

14. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I love how most of the expensive masters do not have rebuild kits for "safety" reasons. Nothing like playing the safety card for profit!

But I guess there are people who can not use dial calipers, snap ring pliers, oring picks or bore gauges that would try to rebuild a master to "save money" so in the age of lawsuits suppliers err on the side of caution...

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  15. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

19RCS for the WIN...... loved mine and the price wasn't bad from RD

16. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

Until you crash on it and you have to send it back to Italy for repair :)

17. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

But thats def better than tossing it in the trash in my book............and there is actually replacement parts SMH

18. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

It costs the same as the new part to have it repaired plus you have to wait for Italians. We would throw them in the trash. We also had some quality control issues this season with the RCS, with only minimal support from the distributor. We went with the Galespeed for the rest of the season and were happier.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  19. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

The RCS isn't a great master cylinder. It's more "street spec" than race spec (if you need to use it on a street bike and want to use included microswitch, it's not a bad option rather than dealing with the less sensitive hydraulic switches). I don't know why people pay a premium for a lesser product when the only feature that it has that a standard 19X18 or 19X20 doesn't have is the ability to change rations easily, which is a feature no one ever uses. Plus, they don't make rebuild kits readily available. We've had some supply issues with the NA Brembo importer this season, but I'd almost always recommend a 19X18 or 19X20 over the RCS.

The Braking MCs are decent as well, but there are a few versions. The one pictured with the golden cam in it is more intended for street use.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  20. neckbrace

neckbrace Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of the standard Brembo 19x18. The pushrod is a serviceable item, seals are available and LighTech makes a bitchin' folding lever for them. I think the Brembo master is a pretty good value at $235.

I had the 19x18s on a GSXR and a ZX10. Thankfully my R6 has pretty awesome brakes with just lines and pads so I haven't felt the need to change the master on this bike.