1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accomplished 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r Race / Track Bike - Complete Build!

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Stettnichs, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Stettnichs

Stettnichs Well-Known Member

Zach,

Thank you for your interest and the good words; it's been a blast of a rookie season for me.

Horsepower:

Unfortunately, I cannot give you a first-hand account of the dyno numbers; however, early in 2016 before I purchased the bike, I looked up the original builder's contact information. I wanted to ask him your same question, among others. He told me it was tuned at a widely-known shop in the Twin Cities area: St. Boni Motorsports. All of the engine performance goodies currently on the bike were installed by him prior to the tune. He told me it made 38 horsepower.

Personally, I think that number sounds pretty generous for one of these Ninja 250 machines. I will say it pulls very hard comparatively speaking to many of my competitors, but I'm not sold it truly made 38 rwhp. I race at two large tracks: Brainerd International Raceway and Road America. I can "hang with" typical bolt-on 300s down the straights, but that's only if I'm holding a draft. I definitely don't have much passing power in a straight line. Once we hit a few corners or braking zones, that's another story. ;)

The original builder wasn't at all directly involved in the sale to me, so I believe his words are honest. I don't think he had any reason to exaggerate to me, I just still feel skeptical of a Ninja 250 making 38 rear wheel horsepower from a jet kit, full exhaust, and an aftermarket filter.

Title Status:

I never received a title when I bought the bike. I could try to track down the two prior race owners (guy I bought it from and the original builder) and see if either of them have one for it. I never see this bike going back to street-form, so personally I've had no interest in a title. The only time it ever crossed my mind was when I decided to sell the bike.

Overall, I've had a blast with this machine, but I'm looking to advance for the 2017 season. I have ambitious goals, and I know they will not be achieved running the 250 class. There's many guys I raced with this season that have been racing 250s-only for the past 5+ seasons. It's cheap, easy to maintain, and super competitive. They are happy with all of these things and have no intentions to move up. It's all a matter of your ambitions and budget, in my opinion.

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask! Thanks, Zach.

Best,

Sean

2. Stettnichs

Stettnichs Well-Known Member

3. Jbuild

Jbuild Member

is the bike still available?

4. Super Dave

Super Dave Exhausted and Abused

5. Zach Jansen

Zach Jansen Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure"sold" means the bike is no longer available. Real nice guy to deal with!

Stettnichs likes this.
  6. YUHENG HUANG

YUHENG HUANG Active Member

still available?

7. Phl218

Phl218 .

:dead:

TurboBlew and britx303 like this.
  8. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Bump!:D

TurboBlew and Phl218 like this.
  9. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I want the bike pleaze text!!! :dead::rtfrb::D

10. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

What was that program called? “Reading is Fundamental”…

Super Dave likes this.