1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accomplished 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r Race / Track Bike - Complete Build!

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Stettnichs, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Stettnichs

Stettnichs Well-Known Member

I am selling my 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r roadracing motorcycle. I would like to start by saying I love this motorcycle. It has been nothing but a pleasure to own since day #1. My sole reason for letting it go is to advance to a more powerful class next season.

This bike was originally ridden on the street, but was wrecked with 950 miles on it. A local CRA race team bought the bike from Crashed Toys and completely built it from the ground up to be raced on the track. It was first raced during the 2013 Central Roadracing Association (CRA) season. I am the third owner since it was turned into a race bike.

Current Race Parts Include (installed on bike):

* Hotbodies fiberglass race fairings (not 100% perfect, but still very sound)
    * Zero Gravity windscreen
    * RaceTech fork internals (springs, valves, etc)
    * Works Performance rear shock
    * Vortex rearsets
    * Yoshimura rearset risers
    * Woodcraft clip-on handlebar mounts
    * Woodcraft shark fin chain guard
    * Renthal soft grips (light gray)
    * HyperPro RSC steering stabilizer
    * Area P full exhaust
    * DynoJet jet kit
    * K&N reusable air filter
    * Amsoil oil filter
    * Amsoil fully-synthetic motorcycle oil
    * Koso North America RX2N+ race gauge cluster
    * Braking SK2 front rotor
    * Custom-fabricated rear rotor (only 33 made total)
    * Slingshot Racing smog block-off plate
    * Slingshot Racing aluminum fuel cap
    * Motion Pro Rev 2 throttle assembly
    * Motion Pro coolant recovery tank
    * Ariete Bridgeport 90-degree valve stems
    * Vortex rear sprocket
    * D.I.D. chain
    * T-Rex delrin frame sliders
    * Delrin swingarm sliders
    * Galfer stainless steel, braided front and rear brake lines
    * Shorty levers
    * Lever guards
    * Shorai lithium race battery (very lightweight)
    * Battery Tender Lithium Jr. battery charger
    * Pirelli Moto Diablo tires
    * Chicken Hawk Racing Tire Warmers

In addition, the following spares/accessories will also be included in the sale:

* Woodcraft front headlift stand (with correct Ninja 250r pin)
    * Woodcraft rear swingarm stand
    * Spare OEM wheel set (with Bridgestone rain tires mounted/balanced; 90% tread life left)
    * Spare OEM twin carburetors
    * (2) Moto D clip-on handlebars
    * (1) Woodcraft clip-on handlebar
    * (1) Amsoil oil filter
    * (4) quarts Amsoil fully-synthetic motorcycle oil
    * (6) Hiflofiltro oil filters
    * (2) Hiflofiltro air filters
    * (1) BMC reusable air filter
    * Cycle Pirates throttle assembly
    * (1) JT Sprockets aluminum rear sprocket
    * (1) JT Sprockets front sprocket
    * Spare hardware, grips, levers, lever guards, throttle cams, jets, and other miscellaneous parts
    * Storage bin for spare parts

As can be seen by the extensive build list and spares, this setup has been put together very carefully. The original race team took their time with the original build. Since then, the bike has only been fine-tuned and improved upon. It has been gone through thoroughly looking for any unnecessary mount/part/piece that could be removed to reduce weight. After the performance parts were installed, the bike was dyno-tuned at St. Boni Motorsports near the Twin Cities.

Statistically, this bike has seen countless class wins and has resulted in many great championship results. The two previous owners both placed second in the class championship on this machine, once in 2013, another in 2015 (2014 was an ownership transition year). This year, I was blessed and fortunate enough to take home 10 victories so far (of 18 races), and I'm positioned well to possibly win the class championship. This is a very accomplished race bike.

Considering the build list, spares included, and my original purchase price at the beginning of the season, I am looking to get $4,000 for this machine. I can assure you there is not a better turn-key Ninja 250 legal for the Central Roadracing Association (and many other nationwide racing sanctions). I know both previous owners well and would be more than willing to provide their contact information to interested parties.

More pictures can be seen at this link:

http://siouxfalls.craigslist.org/mcy/5783921076.html

If seriously interested, please call/text Sean at (712) 261-27O2. The bike is located in Tea, South Dakota, but I may be willing to make travel arrangements, if need be. I am a serious, motivated seller, but will not entertain lowball offers. I may entertain trades, especially for other roadracing motorcycles, but I am not looking for someone else's junk or halfway build.

Thank you for looking, and God bless!

Tags (please ignore): kawi kaw kawisaki 250 lightweight middleweight cra light middle heavy weight heavyweight gp supersport super sport superbike spec stock racer suzuki unlimited honda yamaha ducati gsxr gixxer gsx-r sv 650 600 bandit cbr 600rr 500rr 300rr 300r 300 1000rr f4 f4i f3 f2 zx6 zx-6r zx-6rr zx-10 zx10 zx10r zx6r zx6rr zx-10r zx-14r zx-14 zx14 zx14r z1000 r6 r1 r3 yzf yfz yzfr6 yzf-r6 yzfr1 yzf-r1 fz6r fz fz6 999 evo 998 monster 1199 diavel 1198 hypermotard 749 aprilia aprillia moto guzzi tuono bimmer beemer beamer bmw s1000 s1000rr hp4 ccs competition cup series wera track addix trackaddix brainerd international raceway bir ama American motoamerica moto supermoto motard mini

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  2. Stettnichs

3. Stettnichs

Price drop - $3,850. I've found a bike I would like to upgrade to.

4. Stettnichs

$3,700 OBO

After this past weekend, I locked in the spec-class championship with this machine. It's been an absolute blast to run this season; my only reason for selling is to bump up to the next class for next year.

If you're looking to get started into roadracing (or even looking for a sound track-day machine), this is your bike!

5. Stettnichs

$3,500 OBO

6. Stettnichs

7. Stettnichs

3,300 OBO

8. Stettnichs

9. ARMAN BEDROSYAN

ARMAN BEDROSYAN New Member

CL post is down. Still for sale?

Stettnichs likes this.
  10. Stettnichs

Yes, it's still for sale. Craigslist ad was taken down, edited, and will be reposted soon.

11. Stettnichs

12. Stettnichs

13. jocko

jocko Well-Known Member

FYI, your CL ad states "flagged for removal" and can't be seen.

Stettnichs likes this.
  14. Stettnichs

Thank you for the head's up. It seems to be getting flagged a lot lately. I will reformat things and try it again.

15. Stettnichs

16. Will9465

Will9465 Well-Known Member

Nice ! GLWS

17. Stettnichs

Thank you very much!

18. Stettnichs

Bump for a great machine! Currently being professionally painted matte black to offer a clean slate for the next owner!

19. Stettnichs

20. Zach Jansen

Zach Jansen Well-Known Member

After being built and tuned on the dyno what horsepower were you able to reach? Also what is the title status please? Cool pictures looks like you're riding the wheels off that thing! I'm interested mostly because they are so light, and fun to ride on the track!

Will9465 likes this.