1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

acceptable commute time?

Discussion in 'General' started by peakpowersports, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Based on this I say do it. Who knows what other opportunities will come out of it?

I drive a long way and didn't want to move my family from a nice clean community, to the rundown ghetto much of LA is, so I drive.

I like listening to the radio, unwinding thinking about the day, and sometimes throw in a few phone calls. I still usually talk to my parents once or twice each week during the drive.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Same here - now imagine having to drive 90 minutes each way to go sit doing that craptacular office job :eek:

3. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I've got a 10 minute commute to my school on side streets. It's been 45 minutes when I was teaching in another district and that time just killed me. I'm very thankful that I have such a short commute, it really makes a difference to me. You'd have to pay me an insane amount of money for me to commute longer than 1 hour.

4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

We have a friend that's been CEO, COO, CFO, VP, President, yadda, yadda for some pretty big companies. Toys R Us, Home Depot, Bank of America and some others. He's at Bridgestone in Nashville now. I heard mention that his salary is north of $800k currently. Joes always moving and gettin a new job, for more money. :crackup: