1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A replacement for the og Honda Polish?

Discussion in 'General' started by Clay, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Years back, Honda Polish was awesome. Not only would it put a shine on anything, it would cut through grease like carb cleaner. Then they quit and the original maker, Liquid Performance, kept selling it under their own name. 100% same exact same product. So I ran out of my last can a few months back. Got on Amazon and found some more. NOPE! This is utter junk. Was trying to clean my wheels and I swear it was smelly water. Couldn't cut through even a small layer of chain fling.

With all that said, is there a solid replacement for what used to be Honda Polish?

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

3. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

4. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

5. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

6. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Lemon Pledge. I even use it on my road bicycles.

Steeltoe, StaccatoFan and Odilup like this.
  7. J Bart

J Bart Fat Kid Track Days

8. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

9. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

ANd just cuz - the Original Spirits that everyone is linking IS the old school Honda Polish. They made it for Honda until Honda switched suppliers. Never heard of Liquid Performance doing it although the OG's may have bottled some for them too.

11. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Plexus. Grease, bugs, shiney, doesn't matter it does it all.

12. doppio

doppio Well-Known Member

Protect All is excellent though more expensive than Original Bike Spirits and Honda polish.

Original Bike Spirits used to be made by AmRep and their warehouse in Marietta burned down like a mofo five years ago, now owned/merged with Zep.

I just ran out of Protect All so gonna order a sixer of OBS polish.

13. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Yessir. A can of Lemon (or orange) Pledge and a microfiber towel is rarely out of reach. :D

(I fully expect one of you clowns to ghey this up some how)

Steeltoe likes this.
  14. Mille R

Mille R Well-Known Member

15. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Thank you much for the suggestions gents. Just ordered the bike spirits spray cleaner.