1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question for the old dudes

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Feb 10, 2020.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I didn't even know what that was, had to look it up....

Nitric acid (HNO3), also known as aqua fortis (Latin for "strong water") and spirit of niter, is a highly corrosive mineral acid. Nitric acid is the primary reagent used for nitration – the addition of a nitro group, typically to an organic molecule. While some resulting nitro compounds are shock- and thermally-sensitive explosives, a few are stable enough to be used in munitions and demolition, while others are still more stable and used as pigments in inks and dyes.

Sounds like fun to me :D

2. james weaver

james weaver Well-Known Member

damn i really feel old i`ve been on ssi way long. hell i thought acree was up here with me. i have been on for at least 10 yrs. and no the gov won`t call you . hell they really want you to die so they can spend your ssi.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

OK Boomer:D

motoboy likes this.
  4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Don't fret over SSI. It will be killed in no time.

5. David-imoddavid

David-imoddavid Well-Known Member

Somehow I got on their call list. 3 calls since Sat. All left voice mails as I don't answer calls that aren't in my contact list. First one concerns medical braces. Caller claims some 'inferior' braces can cause cancer
    and they want to direct me to a 'better' supplier. My 2 calls to their number 205-710-0075 went to voice mail and I haven't heard back.

The second 2 calls said "your s/s account has been suspended due to criminal activity". Called their number 844-341-3830 twice. First call I got a double beep and nothing else. Second call stated that my call could not be accepted from my phone - which is a dumb flip phone. Said that I should call back from a landline and gave a different number that I didn't catch.

I have a story ready to mess with them given the chance - should be fun

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I don't know if this is fact or fiction, but I read that sometimes the call backs are forwarded to a 900 number and you can get dinged for a few or more $$$. If they need me, they can call back so I can ignore it again.

David-imoddavid likes this.
  7. Phl218

Phl218 .

David-imoddavid likes this.
  8. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Phl218 likes this.
  9. Phl218

Phl218 .

Yeah, I was thinking that the scam companies ask for lists of people whom they shall not call any more. And then call exactly the people on the list