1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A post that id never thought I'd have to make

Discussion in 'General' started by drop, Sep 21, 2018.

1. drop

drop Well-Known Member

As some of you know, there is good and bad about Facebook. My girlfriend actually traced and found my real dad and 2 sisters, I never knew existed. Always new of my dad but had never met him. And then there is the bad. Running people over, into the ground, dragging them thru the mud for no reason, etc, etc.

I'm currently writing this because this is happening to me, on the always pot stir crazy "TDJ" page.

My name is being drug thru the mud over there apparently , by taking a deposit on a bike, and never returning his money when he decided he really couldn't afford it. It was more than 6 years ago, I drove to west Virginia to deliver a bike to a guy who was buying it. When I got there, he explained as I recall slightly that he didn't have the money, and would like to give me a deposit to hold it, and I could bring the bike back with me. He gave me some cash and I returned home. I was working in and out of town at the time, and sometimes for many days up to weeks at a time. After a good bit, I admit, since I had his address, I sent him 4, 500 dollar money orders to his address. I never heard from him again. Fast forward to today. I have friends messaging me, telling me someone is blasting me on tdj. Since I haven't been a member on tdj for a year I guess I can't see it. I have people sending me screenshots and what not. I immediately message the guy directly and try to (notice I said try), to have a conversation with him. Only to have him rant and rave, calling me a liar, this, that, and the other. I tried explaining everything to him about the ordeal but all he wanted to do was raise hell. Of course as you know, since it's like throwing a bleeding fish into a shark tank, it went as expected. He admitted to changing his phone number, and his email address many times, but then ask why I hadn't contacted him. My email address has been the same. He said he found me on Facebook and blah blah blah. I ask when I messaged him directly why he didn't contact me directly and again he got irate.

Either way, there is always 3 sides to a story. His, mine, and the 100% never second guess truth. (We all forget some details).

I just want to apologise to my friends here, and in the racing community for having to see it. Altho I have seen some racers, joining in the feast, without knowing what they are eating. I want to apologise to anyone who feels anger or ill will toward me. I tried speaking like an adult to him with no avail. I stopped responding to the messages, and will continue to do so. I was going to join the page but, it's probably best to not.

Again, sorry you all see it. Hopefully all the stuff blows over soon .

Tim

badmoon692008 likes this.
  2. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Ah so you’re Tim Price lol. So you did return the deposit? Why’s he continue to bash you?

IndoR1yamaha likes this.
  3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

In on Page 1. Sorry for your troubles though.

4. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

This should be interesting.

5. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Pass the popcorn

6. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

FB is stupid.

Good luck with the bullshit.

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. rcarson15

Page 1 of emails

Attached Files:

8. rcarson15

9. rcarson15

10. rcarson15

11. rcarson15

12. rcarson15

13. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Ryan Carson thanks for dragging it out. I wanted to apologise to anyone who had to read the shit. Not to keep it going.

Yes the money was returned.

I'll not respond anymore. Thanks

14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Any resolution to your home invasion?

15. rcarson15

If I read correctly, you’re the one that started this thread bringing it over from FB. Figured if you brought your side, the other should be heard for fairness.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  16. 418

418 Expert #59

It's taken 6 years for this shit to surface?

GTFO with this bullshit.

At this point 6 years is long enough for both parties to lie their ass off.

17. knutz

knutz Well-Known Member

WTF??? You drove to deliver a bike that dude wanted. You get there he doesn’t have the money . (At that point I would have been pissed)

He gives you a deposit to hold said bike. I didn’t read where or if he contacted you to pay the balance to pick up the bike.

If he never did I’d keep the damn deposit and he’d never get it back. Unless you told him you’d refund it . If so that sorta goes against what I always thought a deposit was. (Payment for holding something and passing up a sale in case that purchase fell through )

From the OP’s post I’m trying hard to understand the outrage here

18. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Man, You couldn't get ahead of this if you had a Delta 5 Rocket stuck up Your ass. Pay the Man.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I just can't deal with this shit tonight. I'll re-read all this tomorrow.

TheGrouchyCat, Jedb and Phl218 like this.
  20. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

What's the point of the deposit if you're supposed to return it 6 years later? Screw that, it's gone buddy.

A deposit is to hold something and take it off the market so you don't lose the item. Obviously the dude made a deal he couldn't honor and screwed the op out of who knows how many hours of driving and wear and tear on the vehicle and trailer.

cha0s#242, Fencer, BigBird and 7 others like this.