1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A little inspiration ...

Discussion in 'General' started by SundaySocial, Jan 14, 2019.

1. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/archit...actually-gotten-better-at-his-job-60-minutes/

In San Diego we have "BlindStokersClub.org". It is an organization to get some exercise while riding a bicycle with another (A little less fortunate?) and offer the same exercise opportunity. Maybe make a friend, maybe share a meal, or a beer, or some other adventure. Who knows where it will take 'us'?
    The "60 minutes" link was provided by one of our members.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    cha0s#242 and TLR67 like this.
  2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

3. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

I watched that on TV last night. Watching it made me feel like an inferior man to him.

I'm always amazed by people that simple adapt and conquer obstacles that life has thrown at them.

4. kyle carver

kyle carver Well-Known Member

My wife used to work for the state providing services to the blind, she has some stories but her coworker is amazing. A few years back he was walking to work and was run over, broke up his hips etc. Doctor told him he would never walk again. Since then he has run multiple marathons, rides his bike down the mountain, from his house he can coast 18 miles to Erwin. The ride back up is horrific. Yep he’s blind, only sees shadows out the sides of his eyes. First time I met him he brought over his chainsaw to help me cut up a tree. I just know that at times some 20 year old has trained hard for a marathon and finished. Feeling really good about himself until a friend tells him “you got beat by a 65 year old blind guy.” And he is one of the nicest people you will ever meet

jrsamples likes this.
  5. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Blind man with a chain saw? Fuck me, this may be bad karma and I'm trying to hold it together, but I'm fucking dying over here.:crackup: If its true, hes a real life badass...