1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A good book/ movie

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Morgan, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

In the end of the day you both choose to put yourself in a position that most logical people don't. It's calculated risks but every man /women(p.c.) goes past that. Big wave surfers, guys in squirrel suits shooting through gaps, white water kayak off waterfalls, mountain bikers doing crazy stuff, snowboarders/skiers jumping off mountains, free divers breaking records on a sled, rock climbers/ free climbers and motorcycle racers. Life is a risk, have fun with it

TXFZ1 likes this.
  2. rwdfun

rwdfun

So don't watch The Art of Racing in the Rain on a full airplane on the way back after being away from YOUR Golden for a week.

I mean the story was very good and it was a well done movie but got damn, does every movie with a dog have to try to dehydrate you through your eyes. The writer made many attempts I was able to fight off but the last 30-40 mins was hard to watch and it actually has a happy ending which again caused my eyes to hydrate. And the wife's issues weren't even a blip on the watery eye spectrum. Damn dogs

Senna likes this.
  3. Phl218

Phl218 .

me. middle seat. women left and right. and i had something itching my eyes way more often than i was comfortable with.

Captain Morgan likes this.
  4. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with a soft spot in your heart for a dog. There is something special about someone that is always happy to see you no matter what

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    Senna and Phl218 like this.
  5. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Found a pdf of Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.

It's insane.

It's brilliantly insane.

Brit humour at it's most deliciously absurd....

6. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I think you missed the point of the movie. It's not about fucking Bear Grylls and drinking your own piss... That being said, I still thought the movie was not so good, but for different reasons.

7. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I don't think I missed the point the movie was trying to make, I just don't agree that there was anything inherently noble or worthwhile in how he journeyed and died. It is very easy to die in Alaska when you are well prepared and even easier when you are ill prepared and dealing from a strong position of ignorance. I don't find any great "truth" in what he did, that others should emulate. I lived too long in the Alaskan Bush to see anything redeeming in his demise.

noles19 likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You've never read it before? It is one of my go to books that I never tire of reading - along with the other 4 books in the trilogy :D

What's truly funny to me is I look at my smatphone and realize it actually is the Guide and it has the thumb and other stuff built into it as well.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Never have understood the whole trying to find some deeper meaning in what is really just stupidity in action. Dude didn't go there for any noble purpose or any of that bullshit, he was just a dummy who thought he was smarter than he actually was.