1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A friend died today

Discussion in 'General' started by Jason Coleman, Apr 16, 2003.

1. Jason Coleman

Jason Coleman Well-Known Member

Fucking shitty day. This morning, a good friend died. Ed was an officer with my brother in the sheriff's department before they both transfered to other branches. Ed was a stand-up guy that would do anything for anyone. He loved being a cop and everything that it involves, especially nailing fucking wife-beaters. Those guys are the biggest punks. Sorry, I am having a hard time dealing with this shit. If is wasn't for the assholes that pummel their wives, Ed would still be here. Here is a link to the story.

Good Cop Gone

Please keep Ed's family, especially his wife and young son, in your prayers.

Thanks for letting me vent.

2. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Sincere condolences to you and his family.

3. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

May God bring strength to his family and friends.

Darrin Talbott

4. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

He will be in my prayers.

Godspeed

David

5. Stimy25

Stimy25 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about that Jason. If you need to talk, feel free to call anytime. Condolences to the family

6. Motard11

Motard11 Well-Known Member

Sorry man, Carry him with you in your heart . Thats what I do some times Ill go for a ride in the country that helps me clear my head and get my smile back. Godspeed:) a friend

7. buxton

buxton Southern Canadian

:(

God Speed and take care.

8. MightyDuc Racing

MightyDuc Racing By Land, Air, and Sea

Sincere condolences to you and his family.:(

9. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

So sorry to hear it.

Stuff like this serves as a reminder for how rough it is being a cop...maybe somebody who reads about this will cut the next guy who pulls him over a litle slack instead of whining.

10. CRAIGMAX

CRAIGMAX Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss.:(

11. Empty Pockets Racing

Empty Pockets Racing where's my collar bone?

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.
    Definitely a hero in our book.
    His wife, child, family, and friends are in our thoughts and prayers.

Keith Reed
    www.empty-pockets-racing.com
    #69 / Expert

12. SpeaksNoEvil

SpeaksNoEvil New Member

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope the memories of you friend help get you through the pain I'm sure your feeling.

13. Jason Coleman

Jason Coleman Well-Known Member

Thanks to everyone for keeping Eddie and his family in your thoughts. The laid him to rest this morning, with full honors. Losing a friend makes you think, but the most important thing to remember, in my opinion, never pass up the chance to tell someone you love them. Thanks for letting me vent.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm deeply sorry. There is nothing tougher for me then a Police officers funeral. My Father's funeral was both very upsetting and one of the proudest memories of my life. Once a police officer, always a police officer and the fraternity your friend was/ is a part of is a proud and honorable group.

Ed's family can hold in their hearts that their husband and father was proud, a honorable police officer, a good man, a strong protector of the community who gave his life protecting others.

15. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Amen to that. One of my racing buddies for over 10 years is a state patrolman. Imagine a job where pretty much nobody you meet is happy to see you, and some are downright out to kill you. It's a tougher day than I'd like to have, but somebody's got to do it. Sure, some of them get a bad attitude at times...

My hat's off to those who protect our streets and homes.