1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

92nd Annual Pike's Pike International Hill Climb

Discussion in 'General' started by tittys04, Jan 31, 2014.

1. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

Since today is the final day for registration, I wanted to see how many WERA peeps had plans to compete this year. If they'll take me, I'll be there :rock:

[​IMG]

2. trispdtrip

trispdtrip Poor, Fat, Slow Racer

Jealous!!
    Have you watched the video with James Compton and Jake Holden? If not, watch it.

3. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

the outrageous entry fee turns me away..

but I definitely want to do it someday

4. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

Yup, can't swing it this year and I want more seat time before I attempt something like that.

5. tittys04

I've watched it a few times already :up:

6. G2G

G2G I feel the need

I just signed up also. Since its my first time I will have to wait on my acceptance letter within the next week or 2. I will be racing my Aprilia SXV 550

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  7. tittys04

The cost is definitely expensive, but I knew if I didn't do it this year, I probably wouldn't. Bummer you won't be there, I was hoping to meet ya.

8. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

They organizers were going to give me a late entry last year but it raised the entry fee to $1000.... very salty

If the right effort can be put together I would do it...

The other issue for me this year is my schedule. Being away for a month for the Northwest 200 and then the IoM TT. Getting off work again in June for a week or longer would be a difficult thing to ask for!

I'll be following all you crazy bastards though! :)

9. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

I hope to soon. Next couple years

10. tittys04

Knowing the races you have competed in, I find it funny that YOU are calling ME crazy :Poke: :D

11. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Cool. You got a copy of your report card too?

:D

12. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Kick ass and take names.:Poke:

13. Jack Brock

Jack Brock Well-Known Member

$700 isn't bad. In the early 90s I had an IT car that I raced in SCCA. I looked into doing the pikes peak race and if memory serves the entry was damn near $5000.

*edit* I just looked and cars are only $1400 for entry, $700 for practice which kind of surprises me. I'm wondering if it is possible the entry fee has decreased.

14. tittys04

I'll be doing good to not superman myself off the mountain :wow: :D

BTW, nice name change.

15. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

I'd like to do it someday. Preferably on a smaller bike. I'd need to save a little bit for a proper effort, though.

16. MrOgle

MrOgle I love college!

Pike's Pike?? Never heard of it.:Poke:

17. A.R.K.

A.R.K. Well-Known Member

I almost had it worked out but the WERA+AMA Mid O week is just to much to add this. I'm in for sure next year.

18. tittys04

You're going to make me do this twice? :Poke: bastid :crackup:

19. hcr25

hcr25 Well-Known Member

It is an awesome experience for sure. I raced it on a gsxr the last two years. I'm bummed I won't be racing it this year but next year for sure.

20. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

I was trying get my buddy who does car racing to team up with me and we could share a ride up there. my supermoto would fit nicely in is race trailer and not having to make the trek out from Florida alone would have been nice. maybe next year though.