1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

80's Sportbikes collectors or sites.

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Mar 31, 2022.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Guys, I am looking to move an 80's damn near mint sportbike and looking to move it but other than Ebay, and Bring a Trailer are there others?

BAT said it didnt fit their specifics or some lame shit even though they often sell shit piles but whatever, IM not bitter. Actually I am. But whatever.

Long story short, its a damn near Mint 88 Hurricane 1000 all original except tires.

I'd love to move it through the WERA classifieds, but I dont think its the best place.

Is Ebay my only real other option? I don't care too much about 80's sportbikes, but this one I wanna give a good home.

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

evakat, NemesisR6 and cha0s#242 like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

CBR1000 bbs maybe?

4. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

I browse raresportbikesforsale.com often. Not sure if that's an auction type site or just consignment, but perhaps worth looking into.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  5. Robby-Bobby

I didn't know there was such a thing... I gotta think its gonna be mainly modern stuff but I will look.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have no idea but it seems like there is a site out there for damn near everything anyone could be a fan of.

7. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

I hate that shit. I sent them a Z50 a year or so ago and they told me the same thing even though they have like 3 a week on the site.

Guess I wasn't priveleged enough. ‍♂️

8. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Never know, there might be some crazed dyed in The Red Wool faithful on the site who wants to complete his collection of the history of CBR1k. I'm sure there's one out there.....somewhere.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There was one here but sadly Dreb passed away :(

10. dasrider

dasrider 99 problems

+1 on these guys. Just sold a Tiller through them and it was pretty easy honestly. Plus side is they have a pretty good social media presence across a lot of the motorcycling spectrum, gets you good exposure across the board. The guy that runs the business is a confirmed TLR fanboi so that may have helped me too.

They have had lots of rare and more "unique" bikes go through there. Kinda fun to watch really.

11. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

It will be interesting to see what happens as they were sales turds. The 600 Huricanes flew out the door but not 1000s and I think the store still had those the floor in 92 and 93? Good luck with the sale.

TurboBlew likes this.
  12. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Speedwerks (Steve Long) might be able to help with that.

13. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Patrick Racing did a build on one when one of the mags used to do Superbikes from Hell.
    What kind of movement? $10,000?? $15,000?

14. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

15. RightSideUp

RightSideUp Well-Known Member

16. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Iconic can be kind of strange though. Couple months ago they had a nice TRX850, a motorcycle I always wanted but never found for sale. They had one for $7500...nope, too high a price for me. Then a couple weeks later I saw it sold for around $4500. WTF, I would have paid $5K! I still don't know how it lost $2500 in value and I'm pissed I missed out. For those of you that have never seen one, here it is...

[​IMG]

And RSBFS has always been a great site for enthusiasts. I bought this in January thanks to that site. Hopped in my truck and drove 22 hours to Philly and back to pick it up.

[​IMG]ways to spell riley

Last edited: Mar 31, 2022
  17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

The Yammie needs white wheels. :D

18. Robby-Bobby

Submitted to Iconic And now we wait!

19. Robby-Bobby

Too think $6500 is fair? I mean the bike is that freaking nice!

Attached Files:

malik ross and rd400racer like this.
  20. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

A little steep for the year but you got a nice one there sooooooooooo...good luck.