1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

79 RD400F Daytona Special FS $9,500 OBO

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Rawb, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Rawb

Rawb Member

[​IMG]

**DAYTONA SPECIAL**Last year of the air cooled 2 stroke RD series in the US, LIMITED EDITION. 6 Speed trans. All rebuilt, Hand built front aluminum fairing, Custom paint. Numbers matching frame and motor. Motor has Wiseco forged pistons, bored once from new. Alcantara seat. Custom clip ons, aluminum rearsets, rear fairing, Carbs cleaned and rebuilt, jetted, timing and points adjusted. Starts 2nd kick. Turns heads everywhere. I tuned it to ride docile and easy yet still has a kick up top. Main fuse box replaced, oil injection pump has been rebuilt, no need to hassle with carrying oil or measuring premix. I've been riding this the past month or so regularly and it has been reliable for me. Everything works, choke, turn signals, loud horn, headlight, hi-lo, etc. New battery. I enjoyed this one so much I bought another project. Open to offers. Bridgestone Battleaxe tires with lots of tread. I'll work with buyer's shipper.

racer_11 and grandpanot like this.
  2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

SWEET!!!

3. Rawb

Rawb Member

Thanks! I bought a grey market RZ350 with Ohlins I'll be starting next! Thinking about a YSZR500 set of glass.

4. Rawb

Rawb Member

Price has been lowered to $7450, work has picked up and I'm willing to do a bit more to get this a new home. I want to start on my RZ before winter. Can someone help with advice on how to modify the original post? I've got new photos that show the bike better as well. In Central TX, will work with buyer's shipper.