1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

74 RD350

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Timothy Landon, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

Local stock bike with DG pipes for 4K. Only want to use it at track days. No street riding. Or should I just stick with my R3? I really like two strokes. What I grew up riding. Advise?

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Stick with your R3. Keep the RD for putts around town.

3. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Agreed on the R3 for track days. I have a rd350 racebike.....and can only imagine how bad it would stink wrenching on it wasting the day away at a trackday. Its one thing to do the wrenching for race-prep, but trying to keep it behaving for multiple sessions throughout the day,and with rossi wannabes on r1's in the same potential group......no thanks. Best advise is to RACE the RD in vintage with appropriate classed bikes.....and R3 for TD's and RACING.

tz779 and BlueR32 like this.
  4. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

I was going to start racing the R3 next season. Running it in Intermediate on track days isn't fun anymore. Too many crazies with way more hp than me. It's actually kinda dangerous. Racing will be safer and more fun running with bikes with similar power. Thanks for the replies.