1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

675r platform?

Discussion in 'General' started by Repeater, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

Started off looking for a small bike when I retire (military) then you F...rs got me on the SV then I saw a few 675 Triumphs. I'm interested just cause it's different. and well kinda sexy. Also big point wife likes them more than the Jap bikes for some reason. So that means bigger budget. The unicorn has always been a well sorted post 07 bike with full suspension. Is the 675Rs' Ohlins good? or does it need a thermos man to sort it out?

Is the platform reliable? I have beat the hell out of the Asian bikes (I think thats the way we supposed to say it now)

What to look for? What am I getting into with my new obsession. Please nobody wave an MV in my face.

What does the frame feel like? Kinda weird But I have rode Ducks and never like the steal trellis. Felt wrong for some reason. not sure why, but never got along with the ones I have ridden.

I start my 3 mile runs Tuesday. Then jump rope in-between. then I'll do a push up....

and repeat. Jesus I hate working out but old is getting to me.

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

No slipper until 13, but otherwise great bikes

3. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I have an 09 with low miles I need to sell before India. Or it will just continue to sit in storage

4. I have a 2014 with about 1k miles I need to sell. :)

But to answer your question, the 675s are great. That’s why I got this one. I had an 09 and loved it. I regretted getting rid of it and had to get another one.

The Öhlins is good stuff. It isn’t like the “imitation” stuff they used to put on the RSV4 Factory in years past. The 675R has a TTX rear shock and NIX forks (plus quality Brembo braking components).

They are super light, nimble, and have loads of ground clearance.

The only reason I didn’t race mine is because I had the R6 and 1299S. I got the 675R because it is a viable backup bike to both of them.

5. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

They are really cool bikes, and surprisingly reliable, had a duc 848 before this one. It's kind of one of those things, when I raced, just get an R6 if you want to set lap times. If you just want to have fun and drag your knees around a bit, a triple is the best of both worlds, broomes is probably way faster and better than mine, though. Mines more of a track day fun bike

6. Pitdad42

Pitdad42 Well-Known Member

We have been running Adrew's 2015 for 3 years now. We had it built for MA Supersport last Dec. and ran 5 rounds of MA, 2 Wera weekends and numerous track days without a flaw. Very reliable. Lots of torque. Only problem we ever had was when we used a lightweight battery, put regular battery back in and never had a problem again. And just so ya know, his bike and all the spares will be for sale after the GNF. Going to the R6 for the electronics.

Phl218 and jrsamples like this.
  7. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

Made an offer on one today. Well below asking but its the upper limit of my budget.

Thanks for the info fellas. I hope After a few races with CVMA I can ride at a WERA event.

8. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Good onya.. they are really fun bikes. I haven't had the heart to list mine yet. :( nelson.jpg

turbulence, Repeater and MachineR1 like this.
  9. HoyaXC07

HoyaXC07 Well-Known Member

I love mine. It's been rode hard and hung up wet for two seasons and I've only had to change the oil. It has 95% of the potential of an r6 or zx6 but makes up for it with smooth power and predictable handling. I have my fingers crossed that Triumph releases a new Daytona based on the moto2 bike.

10. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Standerd 675 is a great bike. R model uses real ohlins not just the name and gold color, can't go wrong with it.

Gorilla George likes this.
  11. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

Total fail. Dude wanted 5500 (down from 6500) I offered 5300 waited to long he sold it for more. It was a unicorn. The stuff on this bike was great. I was stuck on a 5k budget and didn't want to go to beyond.

I still have a budget, but next time am going to be more willing to not be so bull headed. I guess I have remorse when I sold my last Race bike for far less than what it should have gone for. I live in a sate with few tracks and no Moto racing.

Damit!

12. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Tree fiddy cash

13. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

I'd buy that in a heart beat!