1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

67 Triumph

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by photoDude, Feb 28, 2021.

1. photoDude

photoDude Well-Known Member

I have a 67 Triumph Bonneville that was my dads and was stored in his barn.
    It has not been ran in many years but I still push the kick starter to keep it free on occasion.
    The chrome is pitted and it is in need of restoration. I dont have the time and was wondering where I could find out how much it is worth.

2. smurph

smurph Well-Known Member

Condition is everything on these old bikes. Paint original? Still decent? Tank solid? Original exhaust? Seat okay? Controls decent? Everything adds up. Ball park based on the ones I’ve seen and how they typically looked at $1200-2400. Redone can bring $3500-7500+ in my area Northern Illinois. Wish you were closer. I love seeing these old bikes.

If you need parts or maybe some help with evaluation there is a shop local to me that specializes in vintage British bikes. They may be able to help.
    https://morriesplacecycle.com/#

photoDude likes this.
  3. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

photoDude likes this.
  4. Riot

Riot Well-Known Member

+1. Condition is going to make a huge difference. Unfortunately, ebay is a poor guide, because there are usually a few over restored examples at insane prices that never sell.

Numbers matching is important, as is overall condition. If the numbers match, and it is complete, I would say $2k is a good minimum, if it is not in running condition though, I think you’ll be hard pressed to get much more than $4k.

I need pictures though, so I can daydream about buying another project I don’t need!

photoDude likes this.
  5. joec

joec brace yourself

Triumph didn't match engine numbers to frames from what I remember. I could be wrong though. It's been quite a few years.

photoDude likes this.
  6. Riot

Riot Well-Known Member

The original Triumphs (Meridan) absolutely have matching frame and engine numbers, a point that is valued by britbike collectors.

Further, 1960s models even have an under stamped triumph logo on the engine, as a sort of watermark for the serial number. Some disingenuous sellers have been known to ground an engine serial number and restamp it in order to restore the matching numbers - this is typically pretty obvious, due in part to the watermark.

photoDude likes this.
  7. joec

joec brace yourself

Lol....I had a 68 Bonneville....and I don't remember any of that. I just remember the first digits being du and looking up the numbers in books with info..crazy. its been 20 years since I sold that bike..

photoDude likes this.
  8. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

photoDude likes this.
  9. photoDude

photoDude Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help. I believe it is all original except the paint on the tank and fender.
    I will try to put up some pics in the next few days

10. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

It's not original though.