1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

600 SS race@ Roebling question.

Discussion in 'General' started by gixxie750, Mar 18, 2013.

1. gixxie750

gixxie750 Well-Known Member

I just wanted to see if anyone saw what happened in turn 4 on the first lap. I was hit and not sure about much more other than i was under my bike somehow. Video would be really cool! :)

This was on The Sunday National Race #4

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The cw's said you and Chad were inside and the 61 bike was on the outside and basically 3 wide doesn't work through there. Whoever was furthest in tried to keep it tight but couldn't and lost it taking out whoever was in the middle. The 61 went of trying to avoid the other two and once he saw how close he was to the berm bailed and his bike went up and over.

Not sure exactly which of you was further inside but from what they said it wasn't an issue of one trying to dive under another or that kind of thing, just two bikes racing hard and trying to give each other room ran out of traction.

3. gixxie750

I was on the inside for sure. There was only grass on my right side. I felt a MAJOR push and then i was somehow trapped under my bike. My first crash in years and just hope someone has it on film or was close behind to explain what was going on. Thanks to the corner workers and the Ambulance people for being such great workers! Was also nicee to see you there too Mongo :)

4. A.R.K.

A.R.K. Well-Known Member

61 will be dropping off some bodywork to be repaired on the way home today. I'll ask if they had the camera on.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah just got the news he was released last night, glad to hear it.

6. gixxie750

61 Did not have his cameras on. We talked just before he went out to the next race on his A bike. Glad he is ok!!! He was the first person I saw when i woke up and he was very concerned about me even though his bike was off in the woods.

7. A.R.K.

A.R.K. Well-Known Member

Him and his family are good people.

8. A crash and people being nice to each other on a forum and not bitching? I am going to buy a lotto ticket. Glad you are all relatively ok.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh hell, that crash was like a damn party on the berm as they waited for the medics to take care of Brandon :D

10. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

Gotta watch those Junkies .........

11. gixxie750

We are trying to be better lol. Crashing SUCKS!!!

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Some things never change - and that includes groups of riders from Cincinnati traveling together.... :D

13. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

We don't have the start of the crash but we do have some photos. Rick got the 61 bike launching into the woods.

14. gixxie750

Thats going to be a hell of a pic!!! I do now remember seeing him by the tree as i walked away.

15. gixxie750

Bump! Would love video!

16. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I saw the last half of that crash from our pit....it looked like it was going to turn out much worse than it did.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sadly looks like the worst injuries on that one were actual Chad - both ankles beat up and a collar bone :(

18. AFORREST4

AFORREST4 Well-Known Member

That is true!

I think there were 15 of us that weekend. I had a great time.

19. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Good to meet you Forrest. :up: (I was the bald guy sitting next to you at the Shellhouse.)

20. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

So glad you're all relatively OK. Crashing sux for sure.