1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

$560+ phone bill

Discussion in 'General' started by duggram, Oct 2, 2013.

1. duggram

duggram Sunrise Bahia de LA

Last weekend I had to increase my data to 20GB because my use took a jump. The sales lady at the store said I could lower it before the end of the current period and save money if I don't use that much. With taxes my current bill is ~$225/month, which I should be able to cut down. For sure I like this service.

Just for comparison today I asked the chat lady at AT&T what this same plan would cost with them. $350/month. What a difference. She that AT&T provides a better quality of service and customers have to pay for that. We went over my requirements again and the cost didn't change. Could AT&T quality be worth ~$125/month?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Depends on where you are - I went back to ATT long ago because they had better service in more places than anyone else at the time and being on the road a lot that was huge and worth the money.

3. duggram

duggram Sunrise Bahia de LA

And I plan for that to be my situation ASAP. Because I'm in my RV now I need good service everywhere. I've even met other full-timers that pay for both AT&T and Verizon. I wish there was better way to figure this out. $125/month is a lot.

BTW I don't plan on staying just in the Southwest. I want to spend some time next Summer in the Southeast. Is AT&T a better choice in the SE?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, I'm not going to be any help - I've got the iPhone ATT and the iPad Verizon just to make sure I can work at any track :D