1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

$560+ phone bill

Discussion in 'General' started by duggram, Oct 2, 2013.

1. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

I just upgraded in May and got to keep my unlimited data. I called them and told them I wasn't going to upgrade if I didn't get to keep it. I even had the old 3G data plan and they grandfathered me into the new LTE unlimited data plan. :up: AT&T fwiw

2. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I switched from my iPhone4 to the iPhone5s a week and a half ago. I still have the unlimited data plan that I've had since I had the original iPhone. Moved to LTE no problem.

3. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I agree...$560 a month is excessive. The kids can share the minutes I have. I will pay though for the access control bit that lets me limit what they can do on their phones. :)

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I had the unlimited plan with ATT up until my 4 or so, finally ran the numbers and it just wasn't worth it for the data I used.

5. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

For me either....but I like to have it just to tell people I have it and piss off those that done and think they need it. :D

6. 1dwn5up

1dwn5up Well-Known Member

I have prepaid tracfone, $10 for 100 minutes which carryover to the next month. I use it for emergencies. Aside from that, everything else (calls & texts, web surfing, directions, etc.) I can get through my iPad with free wifi.

Landline I have a OBI-202 VOIP which I use with a google number - cost is free.

7. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Good man. I think the WERA BBS is frugal because we like saving so we can spend money on the important things in life.... like new tires for the motorcycle and buying mountain bikes. :D

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

Does microsoft know about this iPhone ownership?:Poke:

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

How do you handle e911 with the Google Voice Number?

10. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I'll have to look into the land line deal.

Yeah, I've got no problem with my tracfone....is that one of their monthly deals you are on?....I load mine with 1500 minutes (plus double minutes for life) or something like that for $179 and they last all year, almost.

I aint much of a phone guy.:rolleyes:

11. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Yes.

12. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

No phone bill here. Or internet.

Company phone, set up as wireless hotspot when at home.:D

13. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I pay 200 for 3 lines. 2-unlimited, 1-2GB, AT&T

Been looking into switching home internet to clear 4g mobile hotspot.... But I'd need a cell booster as my new loft gets SHIT reception

14. TexasTraffic

TexasTraffic Member

Those are some crazy bills.
    I think mine is high at ~$80 per month via AT&T, including fees & taxes.
    - 3Gb data
    - 400 daytime talk minutes w carryover
    - 1500 night/weekend talk minutes w carryover
    - Texting is $0.20 each (a plan add $20, and I don't text much)

The most I have texted added ~$8.00 to the monthly bill
    Data? Never came close to hitting the limit (I avoid streaming anything unless I have a WiFi connection)

15. 1dwn5up

1dwn5up Well-Known Member

That's the only thing you can't do on the google voice number since it cannot find your location, but I just use my cellphone.

16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I just thought I'd get you to say that out loud for those thinking of going in that direction.

17. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

Verizon:
    4 smart phones, 2 gig data each (not shared), 1400 anytime minutes, unlimited text
    $190/month. No land line. Cable internet at the house. In the last year, NONE of the phones have gone over 1 gig of data, and with a 20 and 26 year old, that surprised me.

As for the whole "grandfathered into 'unlimited data', we had that for years, and when it came time to start upgrading phones, of course, they said you'll lose your unlimited, so i looked at our data usage per line for the last 12 months, seeing that less than a gig per line, it was a no brainer. And like Sean said, even if one of the lines goes over the gig, its only and extra $10 on the bill for each gig over.

18. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

My old phone service was going to raise the rate from $135 for 2 phones unlimited min/data/text to $200 plus taxes etc. I swapped to Net10. 2 phones, unlimited voice/data/text for like $94 a month.

19. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I don't own a Goddamned cell/smart phone. I don't fuckin want one.

My ol lady has a cell with the barest minimum shit for emergencies that we pay $50 a month for.

Fuck it.

:D

20. caferace

caferace No.

You can look at those cheerleader sites you frequent on a smartphone.

:D

-jim