1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

500GP starting in front of V-2 at Mid-O?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by ringdingding, Jul 1, 2019.

1. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

Sorry, just can't help myself but, that just defies logic.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  2. ringdingding

So Sean, your going to start a class comprised mostly of spec class bikes bumping up from 350 gp in front of a class of modified versions of the same machine? Spec class machines tend to run in close packs, except for a few geniuses who overbuild for the class and become geniuses, making it more difficult for the modified version and other faster machines in V-2 to sift thru. This creates a needlessly dangerous situation. I am raising this issue out of a concern for safety.

3. ringdingding

Not to mention starting V-2 behind 500gp defies the culling down of vintage classes logic decisions made 18 months ago.

4. Rich Graver

Rich Graver Well-Known Member

You know you can see the race director after riders meeting and make a request like that.

5. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Looks like it was a real issue last year. Better make a thread.

upload_2019-7-3_9-52-45.png

6. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Just who the hell do you think you are bringing facts and logic into a thread which was built on righteous indignation and a sense of persecution. Just because Mongo gridded the fastest bikes first and the top speeds seem to be fairly equal, doesn't mean he shouldn't be called out and the implication given that he doesn't know anything about how to grid multiple classes in a single race. If people would just leave him alone, he could kill roadracing in America faster than anybody, but, people just won't let him kill it and the next thing you know, he is still slaving away for WERA like he has for the past 30 years and the next thing you know, he has experience at this kind of thing.

compmoto and JJJerry like this.
  7. ringdingding

I did, and V-2 started in front of 500gp after that. It wasn't at a riders meeting tho, it was here or I sent a letter. That was in 2009 or 2010.

That was at regular Wera rounds, doesnt look like it was a problem here at Mid-O last year.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, I'm curious, where have you seen the grids for Mid-Ohio for this year? I don't have all the entries even in yet so that is some serious magic.

If you're going off of a random listing on the schedule well that is just plain silly as that has not a single thing to do with the grid order of any race. Never has, never will. We will always do the same thing when looking at class order and try to put the faster bikes first then go down the order of laptimes. Now that can be impossible if we have some really fast and really slow guys in the same class. Then we look at the individual riders and decide who we think would be better at safely going through the slower riders. We'll also wave things to let faster laptime but slower starting 2-strokes get off the line before sending off the slower laptime but much faster off the line diesels. There are a ton of variables and we try to factor in (or remember) as many as we can when we do every single grid. Sometimes it's just a gut feeling knowing the classes and riders as to what will work best.

All that being said I am kind of insulted you think we wouldn't look at safety when doing grids. :(

JBall and dave3593 like this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I am curious, when is the last time you raced with us?

10. ringdingding

That would have been in 2015.

11. ringdingding

Its possible for me to get to Mid-O this year, I was looking at the schedule to see the order of the classes I run. Nope, didn't hack any grids, wouldn't know how to.

I see, so the class order may change based on entries in a given race, good to know.

I am glad you were only kind of insulted in this case, on the other hand I am kind of disappointed. As a consumate lurker, when I do post up I strive to be as insulting as possible. :flag:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh. Yep, I did grids using the same method then. Weird.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You'll have to step your insult game up a few notches :D

14. ringdingding

If 500gp is in fact a faster class V1 and V2, why then are they not in 500gp at the DH rounds?

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, huh?

flip998 likes this.
  16. ringdingding

V1 and V2 were put inV3, why not 500gp?

CharlieY likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm lost - what specifically are you asking and about normal events or VMD. I need more words sorry, not getting what you're trying to ask.