1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5 years ago yesterday crash

Discussion in 'General' started by Used2Bfast 2, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Used2Bfast 2

Used2Bfast 2 Still in the saddle

E8CAEB6B-C3D5-4C6D-9221-FAB3725ECDAB.jpeg I was reminded on FB today. This is 2 weeks after the crash. I’ve been better lol

Good to be alive and still riding. The end.

Carry on

2. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

3. Used2Bfast 2

No unfortunately. Deals Gap. I live way too close (9 miles). Hit this after hitting a huge oil slick from a cruiser/Corvette head on just an hour before I came thru. CE6DE624-36B6-4D7B-9094-44749051D20B.jpeg

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

was that UT medical?

5. Used2Bfast 2

Yes. 3 months in total.

Broke my back 3x the yr before too. Another life flight. Low sided a supermoto into a car. Duh.

6. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

of all the crashes you've written about. The one at Tally amazes me. No way I could just step off going into the bowl

Used2Bfast 2 likes this.
  7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

glad you made it through... probably twice as dangerous there as a patient! :(

Used2Bfast 2 likes this.
  8. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I remember that.

9. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Sounds like it's time for a new hobby.

Used2Bfast 2 likes this.
  10. BigBird

BigBird blah

Probably not.

Sometimes getting back on the saddle is the only motivation to keep on going and get through stuff. Good on you for keep on riding!

Gorilla George and Used2Bfast 2 like this.
  11. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Was the cruiser/corvette head-on captured by killboy or one of the others out there taking pictures? I remember seeing a picture sequence of of a cruiser running wide in a corner and nailing a corvette.

12. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

front left quarter/door area. There are pics.

13. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Lots of stuff in life beyond bikes, especially when you're on the gurney more than your bike. :D Maybe a stretch of bad luck, comes in three's ya know. Better put on a project grizzly suit for your next outing.

14. Used2Bfast 2

15. Used2Bfast 2

Oil I hit. I guess I didn’t see it in these Fall shadows. I still have zero memory of that day. Just woke up in ICU days later with my pissed off wife standing over me. CFFB2EC7-44CB-4086-8C70-C6DEB03800A1.jpeg

16. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Yeah, that is the one I was thinking of. That really sucks.

17. Used2Bfast 2

Was the best option. Self preservation. 130ish on an open class superbike w no brakes at either end? No thanks. I get off here! To this day I think that saved my life prolly.

Gorilla George likes this.