1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4-11 AMA Pro prime time

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Freddie still sucks, the coverage is still schizophrenic and it's tough to figure out what's happening.

BUT. The English guy is an improvement. :up: Hayes is hardcore! I'm going to switch my auto insurance to some company who I forget right now, use Shell gas and stay at a super 8.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The racing is good. No GREAT.

If I was at a bar where Freddie couldn't be heard, I'd be happy.

Big improvement over the last time I watched this.

3. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Freddie is painful to listen to. I know a guy that does announcing for ISOC that could do the job 1000% better.

4. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

He sounds drunk.

5. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

I believe Mladin just pulled over, had a snack and some pop, and is back on his bike maintaining a twelve minute lead.

Great battle in the top 2 - 6, though :up:

6. Chip

Chip Registered

The Sportbike race is GREAT. Promise...

7. amafan

amafan Banned

Thank god Geoff May,and Blake Young got away from M4 Suzuki ,and got on decent teams to show their talent,according to Freddy Spencer !:crackup::crackup::D:D

8. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

And we don't get to see it for another week. :down:

9. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Who'd Blake Young ride for last year?

He sure is doing great since he got on a good bike this year. At least thats how Freddie see's it.

10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

:wow: No way?

11. amafan

amafan Banned

He did not mention M4 , but he did say they are now on good teams to show their talent , and M4 were the team both riders were on before they joined their current teams .

12. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Yeah, Tijon sucks, Hawley sucks, all those M4 guys are hacks. JU, WTF? When are you gonna hire some quality help?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  13. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

My wife said Freddie is the "Paula Abdul" of announcing...how he can't seem to finish a thought...without losing his train of thought.

14. Freddie said that Yates was catching up to the group ahead of him, which means he is going faster than them. Amazing.

15. Fent

Fent I'm Registered??

I think he used that line the last few years... I heard him say that again and wanted to throw something at my TV.

Freddie ...GET A CLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

Diffey is an Aussie, not a Brit

I still have yet to hear an announcer that I can tolerate. Diffey is as close as it gets, but still, not even close.

17. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

I recorded the SBK race and watched it. Some part through the show he was talking about what was going on and just stoped, like he forgot what he was saying.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Pretty much sums up his announcing for Daytona. He must have one helluva contract to still be in the booth.

19. CommandoRR

CommandoRR Well-Known Member

race blew ama blows

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

This thread reminds me of something I was thinking about yesterday. Eurosport stayed with MotoGP live for five hours and 15 minutes even though there was only one hour of action in total (MotoGP warm-up, 125 micro-race, 250 mini-race). I couldn't help thinking "this is one channel a man can love."