1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

35Motorsports A+ suspension work

Discussion in 'Tech' started by d.wood623, Mar 14, 2010.

1. d.wood623

d.wood623 Active Member

I just want to give credit where it is due. I sent the forks off my GSXR-600 race bike to get freshened up. I’ve heard a lot of good things about 35motorsports and the work they do, so I decided to give them a shot. Reuben called me the day after he received them, he told me what needed to be done, and had them back at my front door in less than a week. The service was great and the price was even better. I just wanted to pass the word along and say thanks to Reuben and 35motorsports for getting me set up. :up:

2. APCh8r

APCh8r Well-Known Member

Reuben is the man!!! He has been doing my suspension for the last two years and comes highly recommended by everyone I know.

3. SJC1000rr

SJC1000rr Well-Known Member

I wanted to give a big thanks to Reuben also for all the work he did on my bike over the winter. I brought my bike to him at pretty much the worse time ever, with the semi blizzard conditions that closed down many parts of the interstate and schools for days. And on an open trailer no less. :(

When I got there, Reuben greeted me outside and helped me unload the bike. Unfortunately, the cover that I had put over the bike had gotten torn and the bike was pretty much trashed with snow and salt. (Imagine taking your bike and pouring a whole bag of flour over it…..that’s about what it looked like from the salt and packed snow) Knowing how this would eat away at the metal, he pushed it into the garage to let the snow melt and we went over what I wanted to have done. I got loaded back up for the trip home and Reuben got out his hose and sprayed down the bike to clean what he could.

I brought him his first Ohlins 30mm kit for the front and he did the background on what would be best for my bike. He got it installed with little hassle as expected, even though the stock tubes make it super tight. He also found it was best to put some Gp Suspension Adjusters in the front as stock ones are subpar in comparison. He ordered those and got them in for just parts cost! Next went in Penske Triple Shock. The CBR didn’t really have a great place to put in the reservoir, but Reuben made room and clamped it all in. And finally, as I had a done a pretty noobish job at safety wiring up the bike, I asked him to go over it and fix anything I did wrong or install the parts that I missed. Man o Man, did he do a great job. New R-Clips inside tubing to make it easier to change tires and prevent scratches.

And as proof of the detail that Reuben does and goes through….some of the nuts and bolts had already started to corrode, but that did stop Reuben! He got out his tools and cleaned them up to almost as new! Here’s some pics of finished product, notice how detailed clean it is and not like a flour bag!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. adio1dog

adio1dog Well-Known Member

I also had a great experience. I bought a Leo Vince full system that was used by Rueben, the system came packed like new in a box with all the parts, in perfect order. Mounted up in a snap.:rock: