1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

300 Ninja Pirelli STREET pressure ?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by iomfan, Jun 16, 2018.

1. iomfan

iomfan Well-Known Member

Been running Diablo Rossi II 110/70 & 140/70 for 2+ years @ 32F/30R. Mainly ride in N.Ga mtns. Front has emulators/springs & rear is stock shock.

2 day trip to Blue Ridge Parkway last weekend had us running 70+ to Cherokee. Rear pressure was way too low for that as the rear was shedding rubber down the center until we raised it to 39 Hot.

Unable to find an applicable chart online to refer to. Not sure where I should be regarding pressures for the mountain roads I frequent.

2. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

For track day use on the 300s, we generally run those at 34f 30r. Never had an issue with them shredding.

iomfan likes this.
  3. iomfan

iomfan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. Was really surprised/shocked that it happened. Total weight along with higher summer temps and prolonged mostly vertical riding at highway speeds for over an hour must have been the cause. Had me second guessing myself. Thanks again.

4. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

last time I had a bike shred a tire in the center on the street, the wheel bearings were shot.

5. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

My first street bike was an RZ 350..I was stationed at Pendleton then..I would ride PCH and Ortega highway almost every night..killed the stock tire in a year or so..got a new tire installed..I asked the dealer if i could put a fatter tire on it..They said not really..and I should stick with the stock tire size.. Of course i didn't listen..and had them install a wider tire..after a day or 2 I noticed the center of the tire was being chewed up by something..it looked like it was being poked with a screwdriver and chunks of tread were being pulled out all along the entire circumference of the tire.. Of course I thought it must have been defective.. Then I just happened to look up into the underside of the tail section and noticed that a bolt that held some various filler pieces together had chunks of rubber all around it...so the tire was just a little too tall for the suspension travel and it would hit that bolt and tear the tire up..
    Angels sang and I put the stock tire size back on.

6. iomfan

iomfan Well-Known Member

It's a 2013 with 8200 miles so hopefully the wheel bearings aren't toast.

These are stock tire sizes with an adjustable link raising the rear about an inch over stock.

As soon as we increased from 34 to 39 psi (Hot) it cleared up & was fine the remainder of the trip.

Thanks for the replies/input.