1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2strokes vs. 4strokes

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by reknelb, Dec 28, 2001.

1. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

well it better be faster than the one u have now!

2. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

Really? Normally, after managing 2 businesses everyday, I work deep into the night building motors and bikes just because its such a hoot.

3. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

if i may paraphrase....

Buff: brrrring it.

Jim: oh, it's already been brrrought.

:cool:

4. footwork

I was wondering- because after you explained how your green monster liked the backstretch at Road A so much- I was suprised I could tuck into your draft and pass you. Maybe you were saving it...

5. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

I assume you're talking about practice at Road A since you didn't turn a lap in the F500 race.

When you play poker do you show all the other players your cards before the betting starts?

6. charles

charles The Transporter

:wow: (...I wonder what's shaping up here...High Noon at RA?...will Buff bring out the special Honda? will Jim stay up late at night sweating in his small dimly-lit work shed building a 120HP motor?...and what will Mark do with his little Yamaha 350?...will Charles come out of hiding and lay down the law on his new revised Yellow Peril II?...the mystery deepens and it's only July...)

7. footwork

When you play poker do you show all the other players your cards before the betting starts?[/QUOTE]

Thats what I'M talkin about! :up:

8. phantom 309

phantom 309 Well-Known Member

Thats what I'M talkin about! :up:[/QUOTE]

Tell em buff, no matter how you slice it two strokes still suck.:beer:

9. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

Tell em buff, no matter how you slice it two strokes still suck.:beer:[/QUOTE]

And 4-strokes wheez just like the geezers who ride them! :moon:

10. phantom 309

And 4-strokes wheez just like the geezers who ride them! :moon:[/QUOTE]Don't sing it, bring it.:moon:

11. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

12. Tritom

Tritom Well-Known Member

Just where were all these badass weedeaters at the GNF in V3 against a diesel that's been on the bench for four years?

Oh yeah, way behind! :)

13. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

I always thought post #21 was the best from this whole thread, so if D.G. doesnt mind me borrowing from him.

Fill in the blank.

Four-strokes _________

a) Suck

b) Cost too much

c) Have too many moving parts

d) All of the above

14. Tritom

Tritom Well-Known Member

e) generally win!

15. phantom 309

But when its raining and lack of power is a plus.:p

16. charles

charles The Transporter

Stop it Tim. You just need to learn to keep your feet up in the rain.:up:

17. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Let me know when you get one of those diesels mounted up on the back of a boat ;)

18. ringdingding

You mean the ones that bumped up from F-500?

19. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Seriously!! did you ever notice how the diesel guys love to brag about beating all the smokers in their bump up class, yet never show the moxy to bring out a diesel F-500 bike??? (And No, I don't believe the 2005 Norton Manx reproduction is a real F-500 bike, even if the rules say so. How many parts on those Manxs were actually made before the turn of the century??? Custom one off head, cylinder, crank, tranny, frame, tank, ignition, aftermarket rims, I'm SURE theres an Amal carb on there....are there ANY parts on any of the front running Manxs that are original?):rolleyes:

I mean, seriously, If I had twice the displacement over my competition, I wouldn't be bragging too hard about beating them. :Poke:

BRING OUT THE TRIUMPH 500 AND PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:beer::up:

Of course, we all know that rain tends to level the playing field and really showcases rider talent vs bike prep........what happened the last time it rained?:p :cool:

20. ringdingding

Going by lap times, the first pair of two-strokes,in F-500, had faster laps and a shorter race than the V-3 winning four-stroke. :Poke: