1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2nd-gen R6 Parts

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by NemesisR6, Mar 16, 2020.

1. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Need the following parts for a 2003-2009 Yamaha R6 or R6S:

Subframe (needs to be straight)
    Front fairing stay (can be OEM or aftermarket Vortex etc.)

If you have anything else available let me know via private message here, but the above items are my priority.

2. Bart#72

Bart#72 Well-Known Member

I have a stock oem subframe $120, and two stock oem fairings stays $75 per, all are straight.

I also have a new set of Vortex rear sets, $290

All were spares from my 14 R6

email me at [email protected] if interested

3. Bart#72

I also have two brand new sets of Armour Bodies bodywork still in the box.

4. NemesisR6

Thanks, Bart........you had me all excited until you said 14 R6.

I need 2nd gen stuff.......so 2003-2005 R6 or 2006-2009 R6S.

I did find a subframe, but I still need a front fairing stay and race bodywork.

5. boxcrash

boxcrash Loading.....Please Wait

6. NemesisR6

Yea, I'm trying to avoid doing too much modification/repair to bodywork. I'm actually hoping Optimal starts making sets again, otherwise i'll just go down the road to Sharkskinz and have them make me an upper and tail. My lower is still pretty good.

I've been hesitant to pull the trigger on the Chinese aftermarket front stays like you linked.........are they OK compared to OEM? I realize they are all cast aluminum and brittle as hell, but if they are relatively comparable I may just pick one up.

boxcrash likes this.
  7. boxcrash

yes, they seem to be of the same quality, I actually drilled, cut and dremeled on mine and it did not crack or anything. Not sure if they are all the same, but mine was not bad at all and held up nicely.

The OEM ones were cast aluminum as well anyway.......I know as I broke a few and actually TIG welded them very carefully.........well I did one, but it did not look good so I had a friend who is a wiz on the TIG weld it up, it was super strong and looked good, he did the other as well.

I would, if you were closer let you check out the bodywork I have the upper I think would still work and fit nicely, but would still be nice to check it out first........tail should be spot on, no mods to it.
    I would let it go cheap too...........but shipping alone would be killer on that crap.

8. NemesisR6

OK, thx. I'm still considering options, but I'll keep in touch. Trying to get a handle on all the chassis stuff before I really start to think about fiberglass. I've got time, as I typically don't ride in the hotter months anyways.

Cheers.

boxcrash likes this.
  9. boxcrash

Right that FL humidity is rough.......

10. Bart#72

Damn sorry man. I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote that. I think I saw 2009 and just assumed 3rd gen

11. extremely_slow

extremely_slow Well-Known Member

Pm me i still have a bunch of stuff off 06r6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

My R6 had a HORRIBLE Chinese front fairing stay casting when I got it. I swear it looked like someone made a playdoh copy of what they saw in a book, then 'sand cast' it but use gravel instead of sand for the form. Ugly, heavy, but solid. I never found anyone listing one that looked like it, no idea where it came from. I got one of the OEM look alike copies for $24 off Amazon and I couldn't tell it apart from an OEM unit.

NemesisR6 likes this.
  13. NemesisR6

Yea the one I just got is just barely different than the OEM. Paint finish is slightly off but the details are astonishing.

Same with a Chinese gauge cluster housing I got for $25 bucks. Incredible how they are able to replicate this stuff......