1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2nd Annual WERA - AHRMA Vintage Challenge at Barber

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by hinshaw929, Mar 9, 2009.

1. charles

charles The Transporter

Jim heard rumors of this diabolical device and tasked his engineers to come up with a countermeasure. Anyone using or even standing within 200 meters of anyone using a "TRANBLO" will be vaporized by high output military grade laser beams directed by the NSA "ECHELON" network. However, in recognition of the severity of this action, all entry fees will be refunded to next of kin after appropriate handling fees are deducted.

2. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I'll get him to work on it Carl....your constructive critism would be welcomed....I will bring a milk crate for him to stand on.

Charles....as long as this thingamijjigy you mention does not affect my "selective transponder cancelling device", we are good. I'm decent, but knew I might have to make a couple selected transponder signals "Disappear" for 1 lap...its really neat....this is OK, right?

3. T.Read

T.Read Well-Known Member

Funny, I'm in Birmingham now at the airport on the way home from Florida. As soon as I get back to Nashville, I'm loading up and coming right back. See y'all tomorrow.

4. charles

charles The Transporter

'Selected' actions may be approved. Anything with 'selection' involved is a good thing and should not be prevented, as long as the scoring tower is not vaporized.

5. CharlieY

SWEET! :up: No scoring tower damage is expected.....:rock:

6. Triumph#207

Triumph#207 Well-Known Member

Have the sun loungers bin put out yet?

I've already missed to-day's practice due to dithering on account of the weather forecast. I was hoping that it might improve for race day but doesn't look good (60% chance) so probably won't make the 10.1/2 hour drive:(

You must be even more disappointed Jim and Charles not mention a lot of other guys. I can only hope that the weather forecast is wrong and that it turns out to be a beautiful day with everyone relaxing afterwards in their deck chairs, surrounded by shubberies, with cucumber sandwiches and cool one in hand.

Course there are always some deviants that likes racing in the rain....

Last edited: May 22, 2009
  7. charles

charles The Transporter

We welcome any and all racing deviants. Well, Malcolm, as you know, the same weather forecast for last year...you get on the road to Barber!!!

8. CharlieY

9. charles

charles The Transporter

Cool, Charlie, I love your Harleys and the babes hanging out at your shop. You never know what the deal is: here a vintage racing guy is into choppers and hot biker babes!! Cool...is there like a Harley biker gang of chapter of the
    Hell's Angles hanging out meybe playin' some pool and all?

I hope you bring one of the choppers to Barber.

10. Triumph#207

Triumph#207 Well-Known Member

Sounds like the Queen's Iron done good in V3 and V4 the Phantom coming away with most of the winnings on his Triumph with Kenny Cummings second on the Seely Norton .:clap: OK a sneaky RD400 won V3 in the rain but only cos of a red flag, the Phantom would have got him if it hadn't been for the race being stopped :D

Sounds like got half the races in before the sky opened so not as bad as it could have been considering the forecast. Hope that Fast from the Past at made something from the entry money to make-up for at least some of the very generous money put out for the awards.

P.S. Saddening about the very tragic accident.....

Last edited: May 24, 2009
  11. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Ahh not an RD400, a lowly little RD350 (with a few special upgrades), and a well ridden one at that, Mark put on a great ride congrats to him! It was awesome to watch Mooney on that Manx, what a beautiful piece of machinery and an incredible set of rides by Pat in the dry and the wet! The Jesse/Buff battle was entertaining also, nice job by everyone considering the track conditions..

12. toecutter418

toecutter418 Flat Rat Racing

Thanks again for WERA and Fast From The Past for putting on a great event. I had a great time even though it was raining (for the second year in a row) but wouldn't have missed it for the world. For all of you who missed it, well try harder next year!!! I wish I could have done better in my races but I'm $100 dollars richer thanks to Fast From The Past. Hats off to everyone that worked, played, organized and spectated at this wonderful event! Oh yeah, and to all the dick wauds too! :up:

13. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Actually, only one rider did well enough to have to invoke the "only pay out best 2 finishes" rule and he WASN'T on a Brit bike.... :cool:

Great times!! Big thanks to Fast From the Past and WERA for organising another great event! Considering how bad the forcast looked, the weather actually turned out quite nice with only the last 4 races being held on a wet track. Big thanks also to all of the AHRMA peeps that came. It was great to see so many new faces and nice machinery!:up::beer:

14. CharlieY

Man, that was fun!!

Big thanx to Dean (Toecutter) for the loaner ride.....you da man Holmes:up:

Thanx to Fast from the Past for getting everyone together, you guys rock:rock:

15. charles

charles The Transporter

Malcolm:

Thanks for your thoughts and humor! It was a great event, some close racing with MR (spelled with caps!) Mooney showing everyone what a 1962 Norton Manx can do in expert hands. A great rider, a good sport, and a gorgeous machine.

Just one thing, guys: Fast From The Past makes no money- zero, zilch, nada- from entries or any other sort of arrangement. Jim Hinshaw and his lovely wife do this so that vintage racing can survive and grow, and so that vintage riders have some great racing and good memories. Just come and enjoy!

And next time, Malcolm, you shall bring three shrubberies.

16. charles

charles The Transporter

Mark-

Don't hold back...who was this "2 best finishes rule" rider? C'mon now, give us your
    description of the close race with Tim "The Wordsmith" Joyce.

17. Yamaha Fan

As a spectator I have to say thanks to Jim and Fast from the Past for the support of this event.

It was certainly nice to see some bikes that were part of the event as a result. WOW seeing Crussel's H1R and H2R along with the Big Horn in the H1R frame was certainly a treat. Everyone put on a great show...

I will be spending some of my $ with Jim in support of his contributions :up:

18. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

19. charles

charles The Transporter

20. Yamaha Fan

Well no mater how many replica parts it might contain, it certainly had the one part that is essential, The Soul of a 1962 Manx......... :D :up: