1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

25 signs you're getting old

Discussion in 'General' started by Eddie845, Dec 26, 2001.

1. Peanut

Peanut Well-Known Member

Yup....... [​IMG]

2. PKS

PKS Happiness is belt fed!

Wah, you guys kill me. I've probably got ten years on most of you, and when I've got multiple racers in all of the LW and MW classes at the track, keeping up with me is about as easy as keeping up with a 4 year old on a major sugar high.

My dad is 75, and he's up every morning at 6, still does the breakfast dishes for my mom, and is out of the house by 8 to his office downtown. (He brokers and owns turn-of-the-century brass cars.) Both of my parents are more active than my little sister.

There's a woman who comes into the McDonalds by my house for breakfast and to read the paper every morning. She's gotta be in her 80's, she's always well dressed in what could be considered business casual, she always has a smile for everyone, and she's there every morning by 6 am. I wish I knew her; I think spending the morning talking with her would infuse anyone with both a new respect for elderly people and a ton of positive energy.

This may sound corny, but you guys who have young kids should be the youngest of all of us. Look at your kids; every day they see something they've never seen before. They're passionate and excited about everything! I'm a firm believer in the idea that you don't grow old until you stop feeding your passions, regardless of what that is. When you stop doing the things that you constantly look forward to, when you stop pursuing that which raises your pulse and fills you with the same excitement your kid gets when he sees something really cool for the first time, then you start to get old.

I read somewhere, and I don't remember where, that "we're only as old as we feel, and we feel only as old as we are allowed to feel".

I'm just a big kid, and I'll always be a big kid. If there comes a day when racing doesn't do it for me anymore (yeah right) then I'll find something else. I can't imagine going thru life without something to be passionate about; I'd truly be part of the walking dead at that point.

3. Madmike

Madmike Drunk Member

Dam now i even feel dated... btw SPoT is stil open last time i checked and i still have all my gear. i really need to go see Brian and all the old crew at the park. one hell of an indoor ramp(__) , to bad all the little kids laugh at me when i show up. Right up until they realize i can still drop in do a few inverts , drop a egg plant or two and toss in a few airs then rest for say 30 mins and drink a gallon of water. LOL then decide if i have enough energy to go again or go home. I do miss the old Tarpon- (Tampa Airport ramp till we moved it) and the all the guys.Trips down memory lane AHH the good ole days.
    Cheers '
    Mike

Peanut ill look u up if i make Bargy...

[This message has been edited by Madmike (edited 12-30-2001).]

4. Texracer85

Texracer85 Guest

Dangitall Pam, one of the rights of passage to the next decade of your life is to be able to complain about the previous. And i guarantee those nice 80 year old folks don't have medical files as thick as War and Peace like some of us. [​IMG]

5. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

No sh*t. last year I changed doctors at my clinic, and an intern took my history. After going over all my injuries and surgeries he said "When you get old, this is all going to start hurting." I said, "Doc, I AM old and it ALL hurts."
    When the new doc grabbed my file from the clinic, she only got one folder. She couldn't find anything back further than two years and called the nurse. Nurse told her "Oh no, this is Eric, you only got part two. file #1 is bigger than the phone book."

6. Texracer85

Texracer85 Guest

Ow, I feel yer pain brother, its gonna be ugly for some of us in our golden years. [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Texracer85 (edited 12-30-2001).]

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dutch, It was a place called Web of Sound. It was just down the parking lot from the Lancaster Dispensing Company, just up the street from Stan's. It later moved to a new location, that I can't remeber.

Dave K

8. drebv4

drebv4 Well-Known Member

My hero (dad) will be 82 in March and still rides. he drives a Porsche 928S and a '66 Mustang Fastback. he lives in NM with his sixth wife. He's had 2 bypasses and an artificial knee (motorcycle crash 12 years ago - pickup backed out of a parking spot in front of him). He fought in 3 wars and has the medals, wounds and flashbacks to prove it.

Still loves life and is the oldest looking young guy I know... When I grow up I wanna be just like him.

Drebber

9. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

do we gotta grow up? i feel older, but i dont want to act it. that doesnt sound fun to me

10. PKS

I'm wtih Stick; forget about growing up. As for the rest of you guys, I'll bring some cheese to the next race. [​IMG]

11. RoastedRumpTard

RoastedRumpTard Well-Known Member

Pam will get this one. Gave the 8 yr. old daughter a Husky 50 for christmas. First thing she does is forget to put up the kickstand ( or didn't know to is more correct) and pin the throttle. Didn't give me any time for instructions. Now I have to buy a dirtbike for myself to keep up with her. That should gp along way to keeping me young for a few more years. 38 in March.

And what do you mean Peanut is black?!?!?
    I was just gettin' use to the fact that Papa is black and you go and spring this on me!

------------------
    Keith Snyder
    Ducati 748
    theriderformerlyknownasbeatupducatiguy

12. Texracer85

Texracer85 Guest

that's really cool, my dad is 30 years his younger, but he has a saleen mustang and a 916, fought in a war and survived me as a little punk kid. He has taken honors of being my hero too, and my son's. [​IMG]

and Pam, i like a smoked chedder. [​IMG]

13. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

Papa, same for me but, it has to do with my dad sneeking up behind me while I was sitting on the roof-ledge of our 30 story apartment building in Hong Kong. Was never the same.....airplanes are no problem they glide, people are stones.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Damn, that's cold! I would have passed out, woken up , and shot him. [​IMG]

15. PKS

LMAO, not a problem Tex!

16. Peanut

Peanut Well-Known Member

LOL, need glasses eh Kieth? [​IMG]

17. RoastedRumpTard

RoastedRumpTard Well-Known Member

I wear contacts, and try to be color-blind.

------------------
    Keith Snyder
    Ducati 748
    theriderformerlyknownasbeatupducatiguy

18. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

mb, way cool, look forward to yacking with ya this year.

19. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Whippersnappers, every dang one of ya! Even PKS!

One word of advice... don't trust anyone under 50! [​IMG]

------------------
    George
    THE Rain Director

20. PKS

George, isn't it about time for your nap???? [​IMG]